Contemporary Berkshires Retreat
Contemporary Berkshires Retreat
Our lovely 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2,500 sq. ft. home is an ideal Berkshires location! It is equidistance from Lenox and Stockbridge Center, and walking distance to Kripalu Yoga Center and Tanglewood Performing Arts Center.
The interior of this home has been completely renovated for a contemporary but comfortable vibe with warm red accent walls throughout. The open floor plan invites you in to a lounge room with quality furnishings, a flatscreen tv, and fireplace. Behind the living room is a dining area with a table that seats 6. A wall of windows allows for plenty of natural lighting throughout the open room. The kitchen is sleek and modern with stainless steel appliances and an island inlaid with a sink. The island countertop has 3 bar stools for casual dining or morning coffee.
Two of the bedrooms have king size beds and a sitting area. The master bathroom has a large shower with a rain shower head. The third bedroom has two twin beds and a reading corner tucked into the corner window. Each bedroom has soft accent walls for modern ambience.
You will experience relaxation at its best at this property, which is surrounded by natural beauty. The patio overlooks the wetlands and is a short walk to our private beach, where we have 2 kayaks that are available for your use. Also on the property is a private clubhouse, at which you have access to an exercise room, large indoor pool and hot tub, and 3 outdoor clay tennis courts.
About the Berkshires:
The Berkshires is a beautiful rural region in the mountains of western Massachusetts, a popular vacation destination that is well known for its outdoor activities, fall colors, farm-to-table food, and a thriving arts scene. Stockbridge is known for being the location of artist Norman Rockwell's long-time residence and his 'best studio yet.' Christmastime at Stockbridge has been immortalized in Rockwell's painting 'Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.'
***No Pets Allowed***
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, King, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Albany International Airport - ALB
Views of peaceful wetlands from private backyard
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Skiing at Catamount, Butternut, or Jiminy Peak
- Go for a swim in Lake Taghanick
- Visit the Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum
- For the adventurous, try thrilling activities such as whitewater rafting, zip lining, kayaking, or rock climbing
- Spend some time exploring Berkshire Botanical Garden, one of the country's oldest botanical gardens featuring 23 seasonal display gardens, special exhibits, and classes
- Have a blissful afternoon with pampering massages and treatments at one of the area's many day spas
- Antique shopping is a popular activity for shoppers who visit the Berkshires
Places of Interest
- Tanglewood- a music venue in the towns of Lenox and Stockbridge in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts. It has been the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra since 1937
- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health- turn your week into your own personal yoga and wellness retreat!
- Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival- an annual summer event
- Shakespeare & Company- a professional live theatre company in the heart of the Berkshires, presenting a vibrant summer performance season featuring the works of Shakespeare in repertory with classic and contemporary plays
- Farmers Market on Summer Saturdays
- Animagic Museum of Animation and Special Effects
- Behold! New Lebanon- an interactive museum without walls! Witness and experience contemporary rural American life through workshops on cooking, farming, animals, nature walks, and more!
- Norman Rockwell Museum- a must see!
Gail L.October 2021
Contemporary Berkshire Retreat
This home is absolutely lovely, comfortable, beautifully done, and so beautifully situated in an enclave of only 3 homes. Just a short distance to town of either Stockbridge and Lenox. Actually it’s close to several towns in the Berkshires. The owner left us very detailed instructions about the workings of the house. She was very responsive and helpful on a few calls we made to her. This is a wonderful place to stay in the Berkshires. I highly recommend it and I would love to return. Definitely deserves 5 stars. Gail Lowenstein”
Jason V.October 2020
A Wonderful Retreat in the Heart of the Bershires
My wife and I recently spent our wedding anniversary week at this charming cozy home in the heart of Stockbridge, MA. With the foliage blazing vibrant colors of red, orange, and gold the home was nestled along a beautiful woodland area. It was extremely close to Main Street In Stockbridge and a stone’s throw away from Lenox. Gail (homeowner) was wonderful and provided detailed instructions about the property and surrounding area. This is definitely a property my wife and I would return to annually!! ”
Jason X.December 2017
We enjoyed the stay at this Berkshires Retreat. Owner is great and helpful. The location is convenient to nearby towns and ski areas.”