Golf Getaway in the Desert
Golf Getaway in the Desert
Situated at the base of the picturesque Tortolita Mountains, Stone Canyon provides the most spectacular desert setting anywhere. With views of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains everywhere you turn, golfers will be amazed by the breathtaking beauty. From the rock formations to the thousands of giant saguaros overlooking the lush, green fairways, tees and putting surfaces.
Golf Getaway is a 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom, 4000 square foot private home located in the midst of this stunning desert oasis. Drive up to your beautiful adobe style vacation home while enjoying the breathtaking views of the Catalina Mountains. The master retreat awaits you and is appointed with a king sized bed and private sitting area. You will undoubtedly enjoy the seclusion of your own private coffee bar – wake up, brew a cup of joe and enjoy the sun rise all before leaving your master retreat! The ensuite bathroom offers you double sink, vanity, shower and deep soaking tub. You will relish the spa like experience!
The second bedroom is tastefully decorated and provides guests with a queen sized bed. The third bedroom also doubles as an office. This room is equipped with a twin-sized day bed. In addition, the second and third bedrooms are appointed with private baths.
Golf Getaway is built around a large open concept floor plan – offering you and your loved ones maximum space for relaxation. You have access to a living room, great room, dining room and dining nook. The great room opens to the gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances and gas range. There is also a bar off of the great room. The perfect place to relax and enjoy a cocktail! Step outdoor and take in the stunning view of the mountains and desert landscape. You have your own private pool, hot tub, outdoor grill, bar and fireplace!
Staying in the gated community of Stone Canyon provides you not only with a stunning private home, but also access to the Stone Canyon clubhouse. In addition, there is a separate large and well equipped fitness center. Enjoy the 80’ lap pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, wading pool, poll-side bar, tennis court and pickle ball court. As if that were not enough, make sure you plan time to enjoy a massage or sit a while in the steam room after a long day on the green. Stone Canyon is known for its amazing weather allowing for year round golf at the Jay Moorish designed course. This location, on one of the 100 top rated golf courses is a vacation you will not want to pass up!
Private Residence with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4000 square feet, 372 square meters
King, Queen, and Twin
6 guests maximum
Tucson International Airport - TUS
40 minutes by car
The Catalina mountains
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Guest passes are available for the fitness center for $40 per week per family.
Green fees, including a cart, are $130.
If you would like use of the residential pool during the winter months (Dec – March) there is an additional $250 heating fee for the week.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Book a tee time at Stone Canyon’s very own course! They provide the most spectacular desert setting anywhere. Rated #33 in Golfweek’s 2015 Top 100 Residential Courses.
- Nature buffs will have plenty to do in this natural wonderland! Check out the Saguaro National Park, Mt. Lemmon Scenic Byway or the Sabino Canyon.
- Tucson shopping is an eclectic mix of shops bound to provide you with a fun filled day of window-shopping and purchases. La Encantada houses upscale shops while Fourth Avenue Shopping district will give you a state of independent shops!
Places of Interest
- Located just an hour away is the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - an amazing interactive outdoor museum, aquarium, zoo and garden. Spend a day exploring the impressive 98-acre Desert Museum!
- Check out the Pima Air and Space Museum. The museum houses over 250 aircrafts. The property spans over 150 acres. Take a look at the Lockheed Tristar, once used at Air Force One!
- There are many great restaurants in the surrounding areas. For contemporary American fare, check out Harvest or Wildflower; Vivace for Italian, Mi Tierra for Mexican or if you are in the mood for a great steak, head over to Flemings.
A jewel in the desert!
We enjoyed every moment of our stay in this beautifully appointed home. John went the extra mile to ensure we were welcome.....including arranging golf club amenities. We look forward to returning soon! Bill and Bev”
My two sisters and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the beautiful golf getaway in the Tucson desert. We stay there during the new year. We had a wonderful time at this beautiful large three bedroom house. John the owner of this gorgeous home was so helpful and courteous with directions and other things that we needed to know about his home. Overall, our stay was fantastic, the desert landscapes amazing, this is a home I would recommend to anybody, As there are many things to do in the Tucson area too. Thanks John for all your help. ”