Topanga Canyon Designer Home
Topanga Canyon Designer Home
Topanga Canyon is a unique area of Los Angeles up in the Santa Monica Monica Mountains away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet within the city itself! No other place in the country has a "country" town within a metropolitan city. From this contemporary 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,800 sq. ft. home you'll hear birds by day and owls and frogs at night. This residence among nature is designed for peace and relaxation but still close enough to enjoy all the city of Los Angeles has to offer.
Our home is open and spacious with art and designer touches throughout. the living area has a comfortable couch, two sleek armchairs, and a white piano. Right across from this is the dining area, which has a table that seats 8. The gourmet kitchen has a massive center island and breakfast bar that includes barstools for additional seating and casual dining. The kitchen includes a professional stove and stainless steel appliances, along with a wine cooler and wine rack. The den has several comfortable sofas for lounging and a large flatscreen TV for entertainment, which is equipped with Apple/Amazon TV and Pandora Radio.
There are four bedrooms in the home (there is a 5th that is currently under renovation so it will be closed off and unavailable for guest use). Two of the bedrooms have queen beds, and the other two contain full size beds.
The backyard is the real highlight of this property! The outdoor area ends itself to entertaining and relaxing. Outdoor lounge furniture includes a hammock, swing chair, and comfy sectional sofa. There is also a bocce ball area and a trampoline. A grill is available for cooking meals to enjoy outside.
The home is within a gated community - very safe for children to wander and feel free. There are hiking and biking trails in the 10,000 acres of Topanga State Park just outside our gates for you to enjoy. We will let you know all the nearby hiking secrets, including a lookout point with a bench mid-hike for resting/snack/lunch. We also have bikes in the garage that you could borrow if you want to explore.
As guests of our home, your name will be added to the entry list. No extra guests outside of your original party will be permitted to enter the neighborhood.
The small office is not available and is locked.
This home is NOT suitable for events, parties, or productions. Also, please bring your own food/drinks. Absolutely NO SMOKING is permitted, including the backyard. The area is high-risk for fires and therefore no smoking will be allowed anywhere on the premises.
About the Area
Within our community there are sidewalks where little ones or big ones can bike. Beaches are a quick 10-12 minute drive down the hill and incredible shopping (any store you can think of) and restaurants only 7 minutes away.
Topanga is dreamy. You are surrounded by mountains, you hear the birds and owls and sometimes the coyotes howl. It is beautiful! Topanga also provides horse riding facilities, the Theatricum Botanicum theater, yoga, art, restaurants, shops, and food markets including Friday morning local organic produce at the farmers market located within the Topanga Community Center.
Or..get out of Topanga and head just 12 minutes to the beach for surf lessons, kite boarding or just relaxing in the California sun! Bikes can be rented if you want to take the beach trail down to Venice Beach from Santa Monica. We are also close to Malibu and Calabasas/Encino areas.
Experience peace and serenity in Topanga Canyon - country living in a city all within minutes to Santa Monica; Hollywood; Beverly Hills; Westwood; Downtown. Take in all that Los Angeles has to offer while staying away from the hustle and bustle!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3800 square feet
Queen, Queen, Full, and Full
8 guests maximum
30 min by car
Views all around the neighborhood. From within the home and in the backyard you'll have hillside views- sometimes with neighbor's horses wandering
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Visit The Getty Center to see amazing art and architecture at the top of LA
- Check out the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Norton Simon Museum is free for all visitors the first Friday of every month!
- Sample wines at Alma Sol, a family-owned and operated micro-boutique winery
- Book the signature Malibu Wine Trail Tour through Malibu Discovery
- Head to the Marina Aquatic Center of UCLA (open to the public) for classes on kayaking, rowing, surfing, SUP, sailing, and windsurfing
- Reserve a whale watching or deep sea fishing excursion through Davey's Locker
- Catch a performance at Will Geer's Theatricum Botanicum, a 299-seat outdoor amphitheatre
- Experience the LA Philharmonic at the Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Learn to sail or charter a sailing trip
- Book a helicopter tour to see the area and ocean from an incredible perspective
- Hire a premium bike, beach cruiser, electric scooter, or roller skates from Ride! Venice for a fun way to explore the beach town of Venice
Places of Interest
- Inn of the Seventh Ray- a romantic restaurant with an atmosphere like no other in the LA area!
- Canyon Gourmet- a nearby specialty grocery store
- Universal Studios Hollywood- which now includes the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
- Malibu Farm- a local farm to table cafe
- Nobu Malibu- known for exquisite cuisine and unsurpassed views of the ocean while you dine
- Santa Monica Pier
- Topanga State Park- features 36 miles of trails through open grassland, live oaks, and grand views of the Pacific Ocean
- Los Liones Canyon- great for hiking, has an overlook at Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Santa Monica, and other beach cities
- Calabasas Tennis and Swim Center
- Annenberg Community Beach House- great views splash pad, playground, gallery, beach courts & fields, community & cultural events, hill, free wi-fi, and more!
- Master's Ocean Club
- Topline Equestrian Center, Mill Creek Equestrian Center
Topanga Canyon Designer Home
Wonderful home in quiet location. Decor is fabulous both inside and out! The hosts were very kind and had everything perfect for our arrival, including some coffee and snacks! What a great location to be close to all in LA without the hustle and bustle of the city. Thank you for your hospitality! ”
We had a wonderful week at this topping Canyon home. The views from the backyard are incredible. After our morning hikes ( which starts right outside the house) we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast that we made in the well equipped kitchen. Although the master bedroom was not available to us, the house worked well for my family. We enjoyed being so close to Calabasas , as well as close to Santa Monica and Malibu. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet