Podere di Monte is a magnificent recently restored country house with a private pool, tennis court and vast manicured gardens. There are sweeping views to Pisa and the sea. The house is surrounded by farmland, woodland, vineyards and olive groves.
The house has four bedrooms each with its own en-suite bathroom, a wonderful kitchen and dining areas both in the house and on the terraces.
There are two living areas with cable TV and a games room with computers connected to the world via a broadband system.
There is a separate guesthouse and an extra entertainment area with sauna under the pool.
Only five minutes from the spa town of Casciana Terme, thirty minutes from Pisa Airport and within easy reach of Florence, Volterra, San Gimingnano, Lucca and Siena. Florence can be reached by train from Pontederra which saves all the parking problems associated with this fantastic destination.
The immediate area is well serviced with supermarkets and Tuscan specialty outlets within 15 minutes drive and of course the shopping and culture of Florence is only a day trip away.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4305 square feet, 400 square meters
King, King, 2x Twin, and Queen
8 guests maximum
30 min by car
Uninterrupted view of the Colline Pisane all the way to the water
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- The Argentario Golf Resort and Club is not too far and is a cracking course.
- For a great day out, visit the wonderful Cinque Terre on the Ligurian coast. A set of 5 quaint and colourful villages built on the rocky mountainous coastline overlooking the beautiful sea.
Places of Interest
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections.
- Siena is a wonderful historic centre of the Gothic age and Pisa, not only famous for its leaning tower but also for its authentic and lively old town is not far away too.
- Forte Dei Marmi will give you a fantastic mixture of culture history and seaside fun. Great bars restaurants and fashion boutiques.
- Visit beautiful Volterra with its Etruscan influence and Roman Treather and nearby Meadieval gem San Gimignano famous for its many towers.
A Wonderful Villa with Spectacular Views of the Tuscan Country Side
Our stay at La Ginestra was fabulous. We had to keep pinching ourselves as the view of the countryside was spectacular… an awe moment for sure looking out from the covered patio and porch. The villa is wonderfully appointed and was the perfect layout for our needs. Sandra the house keeper was so kind and helpful and meet us in the village upon our arrival when we had trouble with our GPS. The location was great and we visited several of the small villages nearby along with Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terre, Volterra and Florence. It was an amazing week and we would love to return La Ginestra in the near future. ”
We had a fantastic stay at la ginestra. The house is beautifull. The sunset view amazing. Pool is big and the house is tastefully decorated. Darryl is a great host. would love to go back to la ginestra :-)”
Wanted to Stay Forever
This amazing property is in a perfect location to tour all of the best of Tuscany. The pictures do not do it justice. Any help we needed was provided immediately. Hope to return some day. The Lewis Family”
Most relaxing trip ever
Five friends shared La GInestra last week and couldn't be happier. The scenery from the villa was so tranquil and everywhere you looked there was a new spectacular view. The gourmet kitchen allowed us to cook great dinner and have them on the outdoor dining room under the stars. The location allowed us to do several days trips but we enjoyed discovering new little towns and just having lunch or a coffee. This is a fantastic property to escape stress.”
Just Stunning ....
Stunning house in a quieter more rural part of Tuscany - the photographs do not do this house justice as you just can't get across the magic of the Tuscan light or the feel of the house. La Ginestra is set amidst vines, restored to a really high standard with high end furnishings, wonderful views and it would be worth going back for just for the book collection - it is clearly a much loved home. We have had a really great family holiday here - the kids playing endless games of tennis and chess with the occasional trip out to get our cultural and gastronomic fix. Pisa is about 45 minutes away and we've ventured to Florence, Volterra and San Gimignano which are all just over an hour away. The Autumn colours have been just amazing and this house would be wonderful at any time of the year. The owner and staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating but left us to our own devices which is what we prefer. On a practical note you approach the house on a rough track through the vines so renting a 4 x 4 would be helpful.”