Dawn By The Sea
Ocean Bay Park, New York
Dawn by the Sea
Welcome to your perfect oceanside getaway on Fire Island! This light and airy 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2,000 sq. ft. modern beach home has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. You'll enjoy views to both the bay and the ocean from every room in the home!
Throughout the home you'll notice high ceilings and hardwood floors. The living room is appointed with beautiful new high end furnishings
Outdoor deck with dining area where you can watch the sunsets on the bay or the waves on the ocean. High ceilings, appointed with beautiful new high end furnishings and opens up to the dining area, which houses a table that seats 6. The dining area leads to the kitchen which is spacious and features stainless appliances and stone counter tops. From the kitchen you can step right out onto the mahogany deck, where there is a gas grill and patio furniture for outdoor meals and entertaining.
There are four bedrooms in the home, which each have ceiling fans. The master bedroom has access to a private deck. There is also an outdoor shower and the home is impeccably kept with central air and heat.
About the Area
Fire Island is well known as a relaxed, unique beach haven for those who love ocean, the outdoors, and water sports. The area is popular for boating, sailing, tennis, biking, clamming, swimming, surfing, and a number of other activities!
Reserve your week today and enjoy being only steps away from the beach!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2000 square feet, 186 square meters
King, Queen, Twin, and Other
8 guests maximum
JFK or LGA
Ocean views, just steps to the beach!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Spend your afternoons on the beach sunbathing, swimming, or boating
- Visit Robert Moses State Park for family fun in the sand and surf
- Head to Captree State Park for waterside fishing and picnicking
- Fire Island offers several options for hiking, including shorter (2 mile) stretches of boardwalk at Watch Hill and Sailors Haven, and longer (5+ miles) courses into beach, salt marsh, and forest terrain of Otis Pike
- Bird watching- over 300 species of birds have been recorded on this thin strip of land, around 1/3 of all the birds found in North America!
Places of Interest
- Fire Island National Seashore- a scenic seaside national park
- Heckscher State Park- a bayside park for land and water sports
- Dunewood, NY
- Bayard Cutting Arboretum State Park- a picturesque riverfront with lush lawns and trees
- Smith Point County Park- a coastal swimming and camping destination
- The Sunken Forest in Sailor’s Haven is one of the few remaining maritime forests on the eastern seaboard and spans over 40 acres of wildlife
- The Fire Island Lighthouse is the oldest and most significant landmark associated with Fire Island history. This magnificent lighthouse was built in 1857, and served as the guiding light for many European immigrants sailing into New York Harbor
Nice beachfront locale, but problematic confirmation
This was a nice home and we give the accommodations a positive review. However, the owner pulled the dates that were posted and confirmed on Thirdhome which totally upended our plans for a visit to the Fire Island area. ”
Dawn by the Sea
The home was lovely; right on the beach. Great for a family vacation. Everything (restaurants and shops) was close within biking and walking distance. An upper level deck was great for meals and the fabulous sunsets. The only problem we encountered was the 4th bedroom has a sleeper sofa that is too uncomfortable for anyone to sleep on. We had to bring in an air mattress bed for the 3rd couple to sleep on. We had a wonderful time. ”