Castillon du Gard, France
This magnificent residence has an internal area of roughly 450 m2. The house offers excellent privacy and security to guests; the outside areas are surrounded by high walls and are not overlooked.
The house has ideal entertaining space. Inside there are two large reception rooms, a media room and large, well-equipped kitchen. Outside there is a well-furnished large terrace on different levels, a large stone table, ideal for alfresco lunches and dinners, a covered area of the terrace complete with summer kitchen and a swimming pool (6m x 3m).
There are three very large double bedrooms and one twin bedroom. One of the three bathrooms is en-suite with the master bedroom with two further shower rooms and a guest WC.
The interior has been sympathetically decorated, with extensive use of marble and stone throughout, maintaining its original character. The fixtures, fittings and equipment are well planned and of a very high standard to satisfy the most demanding of guests.
The furnishings are a mixture of antique and contemporary, unfussy and elegant. Notable architectural features include: the stone vaulted dining room; the protruding, corbelled balcony running along two sides of the top floor, off the master bedroom suite; and the manorial fireplace on the terrace, which was created in part from formerly indoor rooms.
There are two staircases. The main one leads from the front door to the first floor drawing room and then to the master bedroom suite above. The second stone spiral staircase leads from the kitchen on the ground floor to the other three bedrooms, also giving access to the drawing room, main terrace and roof top terrace.
The media room has a high-quality video projection system and cinema surround sound, comfortable seating and a grand piano.
PLEASE NOTE this property is unsuitable for children under the age of 10 and the pool has no gates.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4500 square feet
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Marseilles (BA), Montpellier (Easyjet), Nimes (Ryanair)
70 minutes, 60 minutes, and 30 minutes By car respectively
Stunning views over the local countryside
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Nîmes has an attractive central shopping area as well as a rich architectural heritage. Ancient monuments, including the Roman arena are juxtaposed with a number of outstanding modern buildings, such as the Norman Foster designed art gallery.
- For the wine lovers, many locals excellent wines such as the Côtes du Rhône, Lirac and Tavel can be sampled and bought locally.
- For spectacular natural scenery, visit les Gorges du Gardon, le Cirque de Navacelles, and les Gorges de l'Ardèche.
Places of Interest
- The majestic Pont du Gard can be seen from the village. It is the best preserved section of the Roman aqueduct which was built in about 50 AD to carry 20,000 cubic metres of water a day.
- Uzès, historical seat of the Duchy of Uzès, is an attractive town of historical and cultural interest. It offers good local shopping and there is a traditional market in the Place aux Herbes all day on Saturdays and on Wednesday mornings.
- Once the capital of the Christian world, Avignon today is a great city of culture, gastronomy and gothic architecture. Well worth a visit.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet