Secluded Home In Norman Rockwellesque New England Setting
This beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath home offers incredible panoramic views of the Housatonic River Valley. Set on a secluded 13 acres and abutting thousands of acres of conserved land, the house offers total privacy and seclusion, yet is only 15 minutes from the great shopping and restaurants of Sharon and Kent, Connecticut.
The home is great for entertaining and large families. The chef's kitchen is quite large and equipped with everything a gourmet chef could need, including Viking appliances with 2 ovens, gas and electric, plus a 6-burner gas stovetop. The dine-in kitchen seats 8 plus additional seating at the huge island. The property also includes not one but two Big Green Egg grills.
The dining area has a large farm table looking out over the valley with seating for 10. In addition, when the weather is nice, you'll want to dine outdoors on the beautiful screened-in porch. Twelve people can easily enjoy the outdoor dining area with incredible views.
The lodge-like living area has a large wood burning fireplace, multiple sitting areas and a large flatscreen TV.
The area offers tons of fun activities. A short 10 minute hike from the back porch takes you to the world famous Appalachian Trail. Plus, there are countless other hiking trails for all levels of ability. A 5 minute drive takes you to the Housatonic River where you can hire a guide and try your hand at amazing fly fishing or kayaking.
In the fall, the area offers unsurpassed leaf peeping. Simply admire the gorgeous fall foliage from your window or take a drive down Route 7 for the some of the best leaf peeping on the East Coast. If you enjoy fall colors, then this property is an ideal home base.
Just a few miles away is Ellsworth Farm, where you can pick your own apples, pumpkins and blueberries or try their corn maze and hay ride. Once the leaves are down and winter sets in, drive just 15 minutes to Mohawk Mountain for great East cost skiing.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3600 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Laguardia Airport - LGA
1.5 hours by car
Near meadow view with long mountain views in distance
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Mohawk Mountain Ski Area - Ski against the backdrop of the rugged beauty of Northwestern Connecticut.
- Clarke Outdoors - Canoe, kayak and raft down the beautiful Housatonic River!
- Box Canyon Farm Riding - A hidden gem; horseback riding at its rustic best!
- Trevor Zoo - A one-of-a-kind zoo, with over 180 exotic and indigenous animals!
- Sharon Country Club - An exceptional nine hold golf course, boasting beautiful scenery and immaculate fairways and greens.
Places of Interest
- Kent Falls State Park - Enjoy the majesty of the gorgeous waterfalls!
- Appalachian Trail - Take a hike through the incredible wilderness of the famed Appalachian Trail.
- Norman Rockwell Museum - Come learn about the most popular American artist of the 20th century.
- Sharon Audubon Center - Audubon Sharon encompasses four nature sanctuaries and 3,000 acres in Northwestern Connecticut, an education center, and a Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic.
- Ellsworth Hill Orchard & Berry Farm - Come on down and delight in some good old fashioned berry picking!
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo