Waterfront Home along St. John's River
Waterfront Home along St. John's River
This picturesque home is situated on a bluff overlooking numerous waterways surrounding an island as they make their way to join the St. John's River. The park-like surroundings are meticulously landscaped. Spanish moss covered oak trees and lush ground vegetation provide a sense of tranquility and privacy and will remind you of the "Old Florida".
Egrets, ospreys and pelicans abound along with bald eagles, owls and the occasional manatee that will lazily swim along the dock feeding on water plants. You can take in this view from two covered patios surrounding a deep water pool and all living rooms, the music room, library, two upstairs bedrooms and the professionally equipped kitchen.
Two of the three bedrooms upstairs have their own ensuite bathrooms. The two bedrooms downstairs share a Jack and Jill bathroom. Enjoy some family time playing pool billiard, table tennis or reading in front of one of two wood burning fire places. We converted one of the garages into an air conditioned workshop with an elliptical treadmill and a flat screen TV, so you can exercise right at home while on your vacation.
Feel free to take advantage of a guest membership at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. Tee time can be arranged with advance notice.
Private Residence with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5200 square feet, 484 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
20 minutes by car
St. John's River and beautiful, lush landscaping
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Guest membership privileges at Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club
- Take the kids to Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- See a game at EverBank Field, the stadium home of the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Head to Hanna Park for surfing in the ocean and fishing in a lake!
- Day trip to Amelia Island State Park
- Walk the Big Talbot Island driftwood forest
- Spend a few serene hours kayaking the St. Johns River with Up The Creek Xpeditions
Places of Interest
- Biscotti restaurant- casual comfort and innovative cuisine (try the fabulous Sunday brunch!)
- bb's restaurant and bar- buzzing bistro serving innovative New American dishes & sweets
- Cummer Art and Garden Museum- holds an art collection of almost 5,000 objects and features 2.5 acres of historic gardens
- Atlantic and Ponte Vedra Beach/ Golf and Country Club
- St Augustine (45 min)
- Orlando (2.5 hrs)
- Savannah (2 hrs)
- Jacksonville Riverwalk
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- White Oak Conservation at White Oak Plantation
Great home conveniently located
This home is very nice and in a great neighborhood that is very conveniently located. It is spacious with plenty of room for larger groups to spread out. The kitchen is fantastic. The pool was refreshing. ”
This lovely, 5 bedroom home, is warm, welcoming, with a feeling of privacy. It was easy working with the owners, who were very considerate and left good information about the area. Their fully stocked kitchen made cooking a pleasure! !! The backyard has a gorgeous pool in a lovely landscaped setting, next to the St. Johns River. Lots of shade and comfortable furniture make this area a wonderful space to relax, swim, and enjoy nature. The location is tucked away in a mature neighborhood, with good access to everything we wanted to see and do. We would definitely visit again.”
This home is lovely. It has a pool, is right on the river and it is a perfect location.”
Wonderful, beautiful home and very gracious homeowners!! Our stay was just perfect, the house was fully equipped and the pool area was relaxing and well maintained. We had 5 couples (3 generations) and enjoyed our family vacation in Jacksonville. I would highly recommend this home. Thanks to the Owners for sharing their home and being so helpful during the check in/check out process.”