Sugar Grove Estate
Sugar Grove Estate
Retreat to this fabulous 12 acre, gated estate property with 800 feet of river frontage!
The 3 bedroom, 4 bath, 4,800 sq. ft. main house has high end mountain lodge style throughout. Enter into a gorgeous great room that has high vaulted ceilings and a massive stone fireplace. A see-through glass pane on the floor of the living room overlooks the wine cellar that is situated below in the basement. Above, you'll find a loft (accessible by ladder) that contains a separate media room and pool table.
Head to the formal dining room for meals together around an intricate wooden table that seats 6. Three large windows on the outside wall let in natural light and serene views of lush green landscaping on the property grounds. The generous sized kitchen has plenty of granite counter space for meal prep, along with a slender center island and a side counter bar with a couple of tall barstools for morning coffee and additional seating. You'll also find a second dining room has a smaller table for five.
Each of the bedrooms include king beds and ensuite bathrooms. The huge master bedroom also has a sitting area complete with a coffee table.
Head outside to enjoy the beautiful outdoor amenities, which include al fresco dining areas, a deck with a large hot tub, and a wooden swing that looks out onto the peaceful scenery of the property. Throughout the estate you'll also discover two ponds full of fish, 7 acres of wooded walking trails, fruit trees, a vineyard, and an organic garden.
Additional amenities include A/C and heat, several flat screen TVs, internet, and a full time caretaker that will be available to change linens as well as manage the property, which includes feeding the chickens, ducks, and fish!
This idyllic home is located 20 min from Boone and is 30 min to Blowing Rock & Banner Elk. This beautiful area of North Carolina has something to offer everyone! Come for the crisp mountain air and breathtaking vistas, and maybe embark on a whitewater rafting, black diamond skiing, canoeing, zip lining, or fly fishing adventure! You can also enjoy a number of historical and theatrical attractions throughout the year. The perfect trip for every season!
Private Residence with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4800 square feet, 446 square meters
King, King, and King
6 guests maximum
Charlotte International Airport, Johnson City and Asheville Closest
2 hours by car
Mountain, river and forest views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Hike Boone's paved greenway trail, which follows the pastoral South Fork of the New River
- Saddle up for a guided horseback ride through the Appalachians
- Rock & Ice magazine named Boone one of the United States' top 10 climbing towns stating the NC High Country being "some of the East Coast's best climbing"
- Practice your cycling tries at Boone's state-of-the-art Rocky Knob Mountain Bike Park, or go on a leisurely bike ride on The Greenway's paved riverside trails
- Play golf or tennis at a number of nearby courses and clubs
- Relax with a peaceful afternoon of floating down the New River in a tube
- Discover nearby waterfalls and swimming holes
- Head to Sugar Mountain for snow skiing or Hawksnest for snow tubing during the winter
- Be mesmerized by fall colors during a morning of birdwatching- Blue Ridge is a globally significant flyway and is home to many endangered birds!
Places of Interest
- Linville Falls – Located on the Linville River, walking trails will take you past stunning natural falls
- Hound Ears Golf Course, designed by George Cobb
- Blowing Rock – The strong wind that blows upwards from the gorge forces the snow to fall backwards on Blowing Rock. The beauty of the area makes a trip here well worth the visit!
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Grandfather Mountain – The fantastic hiking trails offer stunning sights and wildlife. A trip to Grandfather Mountain is not complete without going to the Mile High Swinging Bridge which offers the best views of the area
- Blowing Rock Country Club
- Grandfather Trout Farm – Pay only for what you catch, the trout farm will provide you with the equipment necessary for fantastic fishing. You can also get them to clean the fish for you!
Sugar Grove Estate offered so many outdoor activities and even indoor amenities that it put together a wonderful lodge and North Carolina beauty at its best!! With a few updates, the lodge and grounds would raise it to its best potential. We loved our stay and the estate manager was a delight to talk to and enjoy her personal, creative, and beautiful touches. We would go again and experience the serenity that this Sugar Grove Estate provides. ”
Scott and PatriciaApril 2021
This is a beautiful place in a beautiful part of the world. There is plenty to do, good place to relax and unwind. We had a great time. The only disadvantage was that the kitchen was a little difficult, but not enough to prevent us from putting together some great meals. The property manager is fantastic, really nice and quick to respond to concerns. This is a place we could come back to again and again.”