Luxury villa with stunning sea and mountain views
Krasici - Tivat, Montenegro
Villa Stari Mlin is a 400 year-old Montenegrin heritage property fully restored and modernised to provide all the comforts of 21st century living, while retaining all the charm of its long history. Located high up on the Lustica peninsular, the villa has dramatic, 180-degree views of the Bay of Kotor and the twin massifs of the Orjen and Lovcen mountains, and is nestled on a peaceful hillside surrounded by olive groves, small stone hamlets and fishing villages.
The main house has 5 bedrooms with ensuite, each individually decorated with a combination of English and continental antique and contemporary furniture. There is a large sitting room with comfortable sofas and a wood burning stove, a spacious, fully modernised kitchen-dining room comfortably seating 12, and a sizeable first floor veranda for outdoor dining, with stunning views onto the rural landscape and the sea and mountains beyond.
The terraced garden, which is planted with typical Mediterranean plants, herbs and trees, includes a 10-metre infinity pool, a large stone-paved sun terrace and a shady pergola made from parts of the original wooden olive press that was in use until less than twenty years ago. The pergola also includes a summer kitchen with fridge and barbecue.
Guests will not want to leave this stunning hillside sanctuary; but should they want to, the medieval UNESCO-protected seaside fortress town of Kotor, the idyllic Venetian republic maritime towns of Rose and Perast and the glitz of Porto Montenegro, Europe’s largest super-yacht marina, with its clubs, boutiques, spas and restaurants, are all a short drive away. The house is well-served by local restaurants serving fresh local fish and seafood and supermarkets, and there are several beaches within a 15 minute drive.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 1950 square feet, 182 square meters
King, King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
Tivat Airport, Podgorica or Dubrovnik Airport
Respectively 30mins, 1 1/2 hours and 2 hrs by car
Stunning views over the Bay of Kotor
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Daily Housekeeping: Housekeeper comes to empty bins and tidy rooms each day. This costs €150 per week, and is an obligatory extra cost.
Activities of Interest
- White-water rafting down Tara River – Europe’s deepest canyon (second only to the Grand Canyon in Arizona).
- Explore the glacial landscapes and the deep canyons of UNESCO listed Durmitor National Park, home to Europe’s last virgin black pine forest.
- Paragliding in the Bjelasica Mountains to windsurfing on the vast Skadar Lake
- Beaches - Sand, pebble, gravel, rocks, no matter which you prefer, all of them are wonderful and most importantly, the sea is crystal clear. Becici beach, Kopakabana, beach, Mogren beach, Lucice beach,
- Sailing - There are over 290 km (180 miles, 156 NM) of unspoiled coastline, and around 70 km of sandy beaches. Montenegro also offers great weather condition for sailing; more than 250 days under the sun a year and typical Mediterranean wind conditions.
- Swimming - Montenegro is one of the few locations in the world where you can swim in four different types of open water in the space of less than a week.
Places of Interest
- Durmitor National Park - Unesco World Heritage.
- Historical capital of Cetnje,cultural heart of Montenegro.
- Ostrog Monastery - Built into a vertical cliff face high above the Bjelopavlici plain, the 17th century Ostrog is an impressive feat of engineering by any standards.
- Bay of Kotor - Known also as simply Boka, is a bay in the heart of the Adriatic Sea in southwestern Montenegro. The Bay of Kotor is an incredible travel destination for a number of reasons, but its biggest draw is its magnificent scenery.
- Kotor - Hemmed in by staunch walls snaking improbably up the surrounding slopes, the town is a medieval maze of museums, churches, cafe-strewn squares and Venetian palaces and pillories..
We had a lovely time and enjoyed some good weather, the Villa was beautifully decorated, yet comfortable and had ample space for the ten of us. We enjoyed our time in the Villa and out of it exploring the costal towns and landscapes nearby. Thanks for a the stay.”
panoramic views and authentic charm!
We had a wonderful stay at Villa Stari Mlin. For our group it worked really well with all the bedrooms only being accessible from the outside so everyone had their own space to get away but with the option of spending time together on the panoramic terrace or in the cosy lounge - with plenty of seating for everyone. The modern kitchen and classic style of the property sat beautifully against the exposed beams and old stone walls - plus the pool had great views and caught the sun all day long. At night the dvd collection and log stove kept us all in great comfort too. The location was great - elevated high in the hills above the sea yet just 30mins easy drive to some lovely old towns like Kotor. We would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a truly comfortable home and an authentic taste of Montenegro. Thank you.”
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet