Lydens Middle Barn
A fully-converted 14th-century barn nestling in the Kent countryside, only 40 minutes from mainline London terminals.
The property features beautifully restored high beamed ceilings throughout, a large fully equipped kitchen with spacious lounge and dining room as well as 2 spacious double bedrooms and one single bedroom sleeping a total of 6 people.
Middle Barn is only minutes away from three medieval castles, Hever, Chiddingstone and Penshurst, under an hour away from the South Downs, the interesting town of Lewes and the houses of Firle and Charleston on the Kent/Sussex coastline.
Fun days for little people are Groombridge's Enchanted Forest, Hartfield and its famous resident Pooh Bear and Godstone Farm.
There are lots of great pubs with good food close by, with many a good restaurants in the spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks both 20 minutes by car.
Come and explore!
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1950 square feet, 182 square meters
Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Gatwick Airport - LGW
30 mins drive
The stunning green countryside of Kent, the garden of England
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Visti the award-winning wineries of Chapel Down and Biddenden producing high quality sparkling and still wines served in some of the best restaurants in the UK including Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver's.
- Vist the beautiful nearby town of Royal Tunbridge Wells with its great staley homes and churches.
- Visit the enchanting Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyne, Henry VIII's second wiife. Plenty of activities for the family too for more info please visit http://www.hevercastle.co.uk/
Places of Interest
- Bedgebury Forest is an oasis of peace and tranquillity, part of the National park bearing the same name, it's ideal for cycling, waking and horseriding.
- Visit beautiful Batesman, Rudyard Kipling's home from 1902 to 1936 yesr in which the great writer, author of the Jungle book, died.
- Visit Chartwell, the family home and gardens of Winston Churchill Uk's most important statesman.
Lise L.May 2017
There are major sights close to Hever and it is ideally located for forays to other destinations. It would take weeks to see everything you could. The owner was most helpful, greeted us and showed us around the property. She was very responsive to requests and provided suggestions on what to see, where to eat, etc. The home was cosy,, comfortable and pleasantly decorated with some very nice art and decorative pieces. There were a few too many childrens and personal items around so the house felt a little more "lived in " than most 3rd Home houses we have stayed in. The major drawback of this home is its location on the flight path to one of the airports. The planes are flying quite low when they pass over the house and we found the noise quite bothersome especially at night when we were trying to sleep. With windows shut sound is reduced but it was hot, there is no AC in the house and having the windows open was a necessity,”
Paul F.June 2017
Charming house in an extraordinarily peaceful yet very convenient setting. The house is part of an old barn, with soaring beamed ceilings, antique wooden floors, and walls of glass looking out into the gardens and surrounding farms. Cozy, comfortable decor with a warm, inviting feel. Hiking trail runs right past the house. Multiple pubs, a town with a grocery store and restaurants, and a commuter train station are all within a 5 minute drive. Very helpful host. Highly recommended!”