Elegant Country Estate
Elegant Country Estate
Beautifully furnished 6,400 square foot, custom home with every amenity, six bedrooms, four full bathrooms, central A/C, on four acres of perfectly landscaped lawn, with fruit trees & gardens. This home is luxurious, great for family reunions, romantic get-a-ways, family and friends.
There is a gourmet kitchen, six burner gas range, granite tops, custom cabinetry, Bosh dishwasher, all Clad pans, very nice dishes, serving platters, stemware, equipment and utensils. Fully equipped to create any meal or baking needs. Wood floors throughout with stone floors in the kitchen and bath.
Great Room has nine foot ceilings, a fireplace, Plasma TV, three sofas, lounge chairs, table & chairs for eating or cards or puzzle. French doors lead to the patio for year round fire pit enjoyment.
Dinning Room with eleven foot dinning table that seats 12 and additional drop leaf table to seat six more. Patio door leads to side bluestone patio with a fire pit, large teak table and chairs, grill and gardens.
Large living room has a fireplace, sofas and over sized chairs to seat 12. It is very comfortable with lots of windows. Two seating areas: one with large sofa, large chair, flat screen wall TV.
Another great room has a eight foot Mahogany work area with computer and stereo headquarters, fully wired for sound with speakers in all main rooms with volume controls.
Entertainment room has a 14 foot shuffle board table, 52 inch TV with surround sound. There is a large seating area, full bath, queen bed, glass doors that lead to a bluestone patio and beautiful back yard facing west.
More about the beautifully furnished master bedroom suite: walk-in closet, large bath with heated floors, 'Waterworks' Jet Tub and Fixtures, large shower with body sprays. Private wing of it's own, cathedral ceilings, windows on all sides.
There are three guest bedrooms with full bath, double sinks, shower/tub. Another one bedroom suite with king bed, and sitting area. Throughout the house there is HVAC with seven zones for the ultimate climate control. All bedrooms are over sized with large closets and hardwood floors or wool carpets. Lots of windows and light all day.
Outdoor seating has stone patio with grill, gas fire pit with large arm chairs to relax around, and basketball area. Also, three and a half acres of beautiful lawn, gardens, and fruit trees.
-Equestrian Stable 5 minute walk.
-Swimming pool 15 minutes away.
-Golf 5 minutes.
-Ice Cream (The Best) on a local farm 5 minutes away.
-Petting zoo and pick your own fruit farm 5 minutes.
-Waterfalls 1.3 mile away.
-Antiquing, Shopping, Spa, & Fine dinning everywhere around.
-Short distance to historic town and State beach.
Single Family Home with 4 levels
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6400 square feet
King, King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Full
12 guests maximum
John F Kennedy Int Airport JFK
1 hour by car
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Town Players Little Theatre- - Spend a night at this cozy theater enjoying the magic of a wonderful show!
- Newtown Country Club - Experience the incredible course and lush greenery of this country club!
- Paugussett State Forest - Located on the scenic Housatonic River, this park offers lovely and easy hiking trails for the whole family.
- McLaughlin Vineyards - This lovely, secluded vineyard offers delicious wines in a pastoral setting.
- Gray Friesian Farm, Easton (on our road) Summer Horse Camp or lessons for a short stay.
- Sherwood Island State Park & Beach 18 miles
Places of Interest
- Edmond Town Hall Theater - great place to see a movie in an old school, traditional fashion!
- Lake Zoar - Visit this picturesque lake for a refreshing and blissful day with the family!
- Silverman's Farm-Easton just down the way, all ages
- Holcombe Hill Wildlife Preserve - The highest point in town, this preserve offers spectacular views of the surrounding counties!
- Dere Street Restaurant, Bar, and Bakery in-town
Wonderful Property! Perfect for a large family!
We traveled from Arizona to the Shaw's Beautiful home with our six kids. We absolutely loved this property! We have family that lives in the area and we were all able to get together and enjoy this amazing property. A lot of great memories were made! We did not want to leave! Janet was so pleasant to talk to as well as her Property Manager, Jamie. We definitely will be back!!! The Abbate Family Scottsdale, AZ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet