Modern Luxury and Northern Lights
This beautiful, modern, luxury home is the perfect place to stay in while discovering the unequalled beauty of Iceland. Located in a very tranquil gated area in Grimsnes in South Iceland, directly at the famous Golden Circle tourist route. It is a 45-minute drive from the capital Reykjavík and a 90-minute drive from the International Airport in Keflavik. The house is located at the bank of the river Sog which is famous for fishing char and salmon.
Once you enter our home you will be amazed by the breathtaking views through our floor to ceiling windows. Everywhere you look you will see mountains, the river and beautiful nature. In the winter time it is the perfect place to see the unique Northern Lights.
This spacious house boasts 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, including a separate guest house that sleeps two, a main living room, dining area, kitchen, breakfast area, laundry room and big patio.
The rooms are all spacious, the master suite has an en suite bathroom with a walk in shower and direct access to the patio and the Jacuzzi, then there are two more bedrooms with queen size beds and a shared bathroom. The fourth bedroom is perfect for kids with a custom wood bunk which can sleep five. There are two full size beds and a single bed on top. Out on the patio there is a spacious guesthouse with a queen size bed and en suite bathroom.
With an open floor plan, this home is a perfect one to spend time in unwinding and relaxing. The fully equipped kitchen with breakfast area opens up to a dining area with a large dining table, wood burn fireplace and amazing views. From there you can walk out to the patio where you have a grill a dining table, an outdoor shower and a Jacuzzi which is perfect for viewing the Northern Lights on a beautiful winters night.
On the second floor you’ll find a beautiful living room with a TV and a big sofa for the whole family to relax in and from there you have amazing views to mountain Burfell. Additionally you have a large laundry room with a washer and dryer.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
90 minutes drive
Stunning views of the amazing surrounding landscape with the river Sog and the Ingolfsfjall mountain.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Fantastic salmon and trout fishing at neaby river Sog
- Horseback riding on the unique Icelandic horse in a fantastic landscape is available only 10 minutes drive away
- Great range of unique and exciting activities including Jeep and glacier tours, watersports on the lake, swimming in geothermal pools and scuba diving in Thingvellir
- Two 18 hole Golf courses only 10 minutes away by car
Places of Interest
- The Great Geysir. This spouting hot spring is claimed to be the biggest one in the world
- The amazing Langjökull glacier. This will be a unique encounter with Europe's second largest glacier.
- Visit the amazing Thingvellir National Park with its great historic and naturalistic heritage. This is where Alþing general assembly was established around 930 and continued to convene there until 1798.
- Gullfoss waterfall. Visit the iconic waterfall offering a spectacular view of the forces and beauty of untouched nature.
The house is fantastic and the owner is also very nice gave us lots of great places to go to. Iceland is a wonderful country to visit with kids, beautiful country. Would love to come back !”
Amazing House for Northern Lights and Famous Sights in Southern Iceland
Wonderful, modern, well-stocked house with a very gracious host! Our group of 6 used the house as a home base to explore southern Island and the wonderful sights (Gullfoss waterfall and the Geysir) off the Golden Circle. The Northern Lights were even more beautiful than I imagined and brought tears to my eyes. This trip was one of my top 3 and that's saying something because I travel a lot! Highly recommend Iceland and this home! One note - the home has 2 full baths and 2 half baths. ”