Barker Block Downtown Penthouse
Los Angeles, California
Barker Block Downtown Penthouse
**Please note prior to reserving a stay that the rooftop pool is currently under construction**
This incredibly unique corner penthouse loft is located on the top floor of a converted 1920s warehouse, with a 180 degree view of the Los Angeles Historic Arts District, mountains, and bridges.
The loft is over 1600 square feet, convertible 2 bedroom, two bathroom, and features a beautiful design aesthetic, incorporating top of the line, modern appliances and finishes, with original warehouse details, such as exposed wooden beams, piping, and cement walls.
The loft has a traditional open layout with a queen-sized alcove bedroom with blackout electric blinds, separate bedroom with a very comfortable sleep sofa and stage curtain as a divider, two full bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and powerful shower heads, state of the art kitchen, washer/dryer, and abundant closet space. The interior furnishings of this home include a collection of unique antique/vintage, one-of-a-kind pieces, as well as modern furniture.
The building has an incredible resort-style rooftop deck with pool, spa (currently under construction until May) with private cabanas, sunning lounge, an outdoor fireplace and lush landscaping, all overlooking the city skyline. The modern fitness center includes state-of-the-art equipment and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city.
The landscaped courtyards and walkways are centered around a grass sitting area with comfortable couches and chairs plus a fire pit, The “Artist’s Alley”, between the two buildings, features a semi-private public space with table hockey.
The building’s surrounding blocks are full of the best spots in the LA Historic Arts District, offering independent shops, boutiques, bars, avant-garde restaurants, the ever-popular Urth Café, endless creative studios, art galleries, museums, and underground spots waiting to be discovered.
This location is manageable by foot and public transit, however there is also a parking space available in the building’s private garage.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 2 baths, 1650 square feet, 154 square meters
4 guests maximum
Los Angeles International Airport - LAX
45 minutes by car
View of thriving Arts District DTLA, and 4th St bridge and 1 mile from the music center.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Sic-Arc Gallery - Featuring more the 50 eco-friendly architecturally unique instalations.
- Melrose Ave. - Enjoy high-end designer shopping, food, and art!
- Marina Del Ray - Venture out to partake in dinner cruises, boating, sport fishing, parasailing, paddle boarding, and surfing!
- Rancho Park Golf Course - Opening its doors in 1949 this championship golf course was designed by William Johnson and William Bell to be challenging and undulating course.
- Sunset Ranch Hollywood - See LA on the two hour evening tour to Mt. Hollywood on horseback!
Places of Interest
- Hauser and Wirth Museum (.5 miles) - Art museum with a dynamic schedule of exhibitions.
- Blue Whale Jazz Club (1 mile) - a live jazz club, art gallery and bar located in the heart of Little Tokyo, Los Angeles
- Disney Concert Hall (2 miles) - Home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra and the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
- Zinc Cafe & Market and Bar Mateo (less than .5 miles) - Favorite haunt for delicious American cuisine!
- Factory Kitchen (.5 mile) - Open kitchen in a reclaimed factory space turning out handmade pastas & traditional Italian dishes.
- Cafe Gratitude (.5 mile) - A clean eating café that support local farmers, sustainable and regenerative agriculture, and environmentally friendly products.
Exceptional Stay! Great Sunsets in the Penthouse!
We LOVED our experience in the penthouse! The location was very interesting in an arts district and the unit was very well kept and really a lovely place to relax, enjoy spectacular sunsets, wake to the distant sight of snow covered mountains beyond the city and leave the world behind! The owner, Barbara, was very kind and helpful. We also took advantage of the KEY Concierge service for chefs for our stay. That was exceptional as well. Highly recommended!!!”
Loved all the comforts of this loft. Barbara was super easy to work with and gave us a thorough tour of the property upon arrival. I especially loved the living room seating - set up perfectly for our family to have great discussions. Also loved the candles, tea, stereo speakers and the lights that shine the universe up on the ceiling. So very happy to have spent Thanksgiving in the Barker Block loft. ”
Great Arts District Loft!
We had a wonderful week at Barbara's Barker Block Downtown Penthouse. It is a corner unit so the views and light are great and we never heard anyone else. The Arts District is full of walkable restaurants, galleries, bars, coffee houses, etc. I would highly recommend this location for a stay in Los Angeles.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo