Los Angeles, California
Barker Block Downtown Penthouse
Barker Block Downtown Penthouse
This incredibly unique corner penthouse loft is located on the top floor of a converted 1920s warehouse, with a 180 degree view of the Los Angeles Historic Arts District, mountains, and bridges.
The loft is over 1600 square feet, one bedroom, two bathroom, and features a beautiful design aesthetic, incorporating top of the line, modern appliances and finishes, with original warehouse details, such as exposed wooden beams, piping, and cement walls.
The loft has a traditional open layout with a queen-sized alcove bedroom with blackout electric blinds, two full bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and powerful shower heads, state of the art kitchen, washer/dryer, and abundant closet space. The interior furnishings of this home include a collection of unique antique/vintage, one-of-a-kind pieces, as well as modern furniture.
The building has an incredible resort-style rooftop deck with pool, spa, private cabanas, sunning lounge, an outdoor fireplace and lush landscaping, all overlooking the city skyline. The modern fitness center includes state-of-the-art equipment and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city.
The landscaped courtyards and walkways are centered around a grass sitting area and water garden, and the “Artist’s Alley”, between the two buildings, features a semi-private public arts space with curated works from local artists.
The building’s surrounding blocks are full of the best spots in the LA Historic Arts District, offering independent shops, boutiques, bars, avant-garde restaurants, the ever-popular Urth Café, endless creative studios, art galleries, museums, and underground spots waiting to be discovered.
This location is manageable by foot and public transit, however there is also a parking space available in the building’s private garage.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 2 baths, 1650 square feet
2 guests maximum
Los Angeles International Airport - LAX
45 minutes by car
View of thriving Arts District DTLA, 4th, and 6th St Bridges!
Activities of Interest
- Sic-Arc Gallery - Featuring more the 50 eco-friendly architecturally unique instalations.
- Melrose Ave. - Enjoy high-end designer shopping, food, and art!
- Marina Del Ray - Venture out to partake in dinner cruises, boating, sport fishing, parasailing, paddle boarding, and surfing!
- Rancho Park Golf Course - Opening its doors in 1949 this championship golf course was designed by William Johnson and William Bell to be challenging and undulating course.
- Sunset Ranch Hollywood - See LA on the two hour evening tour to Mt. Hollywood on horseback!
Places of Interest
- The Springs - Fantastic casual vegan eatery and wine bar in eco-friendly digs.
- Arts and Fleas - A must see monthly market where vendors sell art, fashion, and vintage items.
- Church and State - Serving house made charcuterie along with other french classics and creative cocktails in a rustic-chic environment.
- Bar Matteo, Zinc Cafe - Favorite haunt for delicious American cuisine!
- Factory Kitchen - Open kitchen in a reclaimed factory space turning out handmade pastas & traditional Italian dishes.
- Officine Brera - Sophisticated and contemporary restaurant and bar. With rustic Italian menus and handcrafted cocktails!
Great Arts District Loft!
We had a wonderful week at Barbara's Barker Block Downtown Penthouse. It is a corner unit so the views and light are great and we never heard anyone else. The Arts District is full of walkable restaurants, galleries, bars, coffee houses, etc. I would highly recommend this location for a stay in Los Angeles.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo