The American Colony Hotel (HS)
You are booking a double standard room only for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Cancellations and booking amendments are not possible. Upgrade options are available after booking, at an extra cost. For requests, please contact your account manager or Member Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org REQUESTS ARE BIDING, once accepted it cannot be cancelled.
Jerusalem is a surreal place. Holy to Jews, Muslims and Christians which makes it significant to over one-third of all people on earth.
Beyond its religious and historic importance, Jerusalem has developed as the capital of modern-day Israel with West Jerusalem having a modern vibrant center. Jerusalem has to be seen to be believed.
The hotel is formed of 5 buildings:
The Main House comprises the original American Colony building and the New Wing. The original building was built in the mid-19th Century on the ruins of an older Ottoman style building (part of whose original wall can still be seen in Val's Brasserie).
The rooms in the New Wing are themed by floor, each of which has a different character and style.The Main House contains the Lobby and Reception, The Arabesque Restaurant , The Courtyard Restaurant, Val's Brasserie, The Cellar Bar, the Pool and Fitness areas and the Business Centre.
Recently refurbished to the highest standards, the Palm House was originally a two story building and dates from the end of the 19th Century. It adjoins the Palm House Garden that houses the Summer Bar and Barbecue.
The East House is one of the original American Colony buildings, and it was built circa 1870. It is just across from our Main House and adjoins our unique edible garden. The arched ceilings and tiled floors (each one different) of the older rooms are historic and quietly elegant.
The Cow Byre was constructed originally by the early American Colony members, in the local style. The original roof beams and the old stonework have been preserved and incorporated into the newly restored rooms and suites, several of which have their own private patio or terrace. The Cow Byre is situated in the lower part of the American Colony compound, adjacent to the car park. It is specially designed for extended stays with kitchenettes and the option for family areas by connecting rooms.
The Shops and The Terrace Cafe were built in the 1920s, and used in the old days as cottages for single American Colony members, built over an extensive system of cisterns. These are just a few of the large underground cisterns that are distributed throughout the American Colony compound, originally providing clean water throughout the year. In these buildings you will find Munir Barakat "Antiquarian" Giftshop, The Bookshop and the Terrace Café.
The rooms offered are double and furnished with the same care and attention to comfort as the rest of the hotel, located in the Main House, East House, Cow Byre and Palm House. Compact, elegant and comfortable, they provide a great opportunity to enjoy the unique ambience and facilities of the hotel. One queen size bed is available. Room size: 17-25 m2.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: email@example.com
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
Ben-Gurion Airport, Israel
48 minutes by car
The city of Jerusalem
Activities of Interest
- Biblical cuisine at Eucalyptus For a restaurant that combines Middle Eastern food in a fusion of nationalities and wonderful local ingredients, check out the Eucalyptus restaurant and try one of the three tasting menus.
- Ramparts Walk You can walk the alleys of Jerusalem's Old City but for a birds-eye view of the old and new city, take the Ramparts Walk.
- Israel Museum - It houses an encyclopedic collection of more than 500,000 objects, including pieces dating from prehistory to the present day.
Places of Interest
- Western Wall - Judaism's holiest site, this is the supporting wall built by Herod 2000 years ago during his renovation of the Second Temple.
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher - the holiest site to Christianity and commemorates the place of Jesus' crucifixion and tomb.
- Haram el-Sharif or Noble Sanctuary This is a large plaza on which stands the Dome of the Rock - a shrine in blue tile and gold, which is one of the earliest examples of Islamic architecture - and the Al Aqsa mosque.
- White Father's compound - The ruins of a Byzantine church and a Crusader chapel. This is where Jesus performed one of the two miracles in Jerusalem, curing the cripple of 38 years (John 5).
- Tour the ancient City of David, the city that King David made the capital of his kingdom, and you will come to understand the importance of water in the history of Jerusalem.
The hotel was a perfect place to stay in Jerusalem. Close to the old city, but an oasis when you needed to find quiet. The Summer Bar was our favourite spot, waiters were friendly and the food was excellent. Breakfast was pretty incredible too. History of the hotel itself made this place special all on its own. Would highly recommend this hotel.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility