Madison Connecticut Estate - Walking Distance to the Shore!
Welcome to one of Madison's truly magnificent properties! This historic, 6,500+ square foot home—originally the George Munger House, built c. 1806—is situated on 11 breathtaking acres, just west of the town center.
Entering from the wraparound, screened-in porch, you'll find the expansive main floor with all rooms featuring hardwood floors, ornate molding and woodwork, custom cabinetry, fireplaces, and other exquisite embellishments. Consider the butler's pantry, with its own Sub-Zero refrigerator drawers, dishwasher, and wall oven. Or, the casual bar area known as "The Pub." The enormous kitchen is equipped with a professional-grade Viking gas range, 36" Sub-Zero fridge and separate double-door freezers. The adjacent sitting area with gas fireplace and dining area add even more character. The property included 5 fireplaces, making it a perfect holiday retreat!
Highlighting the second floor is a gracious master bedroom and bath opening onto a private deck. Two additional bedrooms each have full baths. The third floor encompasses two bedrooms, full bath, and storage areas. The lower level includes a large entertainment area, home gym and full bath.
Another fabulous world awaits outdoors, whether on the covered veranda off the kitchen, the rose garden, or the bluestone patio that boasts an incredible outdoor kitchen. Steps away is the pool area with a fully equipped pool house. Among the home's value-added amenities: upgraded plumbing, electric, camera-equipped security system, utility shed, newer windows, siding, and roof.
Estate with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 7 baths, 6500 square feet
King, King, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN), Bradley International Airport (BDL), Westchester County Airport (HPN)
15 minutes by car from New Haven, 60 minutes by car from Hartford, 70 minutes by car from Westchester
Forest and country views
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- The Shoreline Greenway Trail - A 25 continuous mile path for hikers, cyclists, and anyone looking to enjoy nature!
- Madison Country Club - A challenging and fun experience for golfers of all abilities, this course offers gorgeous views of the water throughout!
Places of Interest
- Hammonasset Beach State Park - Connecticut's largest shoreline park offers over 2 miles of beach to enjoy swimming, strolling along the boardwalk, or just relaxing in the sun and surf.
- Meigs Point Nature Center - An exciting and vital environmental learning center open to all ages!
- RJ Julia Booksellers - Located in the shoreline town of Madison, Connecticut, R.J. Julia Booksellers has always been an independent bookstore filled with inspiration, information, and excitement.
- J. Horton - located in the heart of Madison, this specialty shop brings an uncommon approach to the shopping experience, with a mix of fashion, interior design and gifts for the home, holidays and special events.
- The Clam Castle - A local favorite, featuring world class seafood!
Beautiful house in an ideal location
Beautiful house in an ideal location in Madison Ct would definitely come back to this great place”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility