Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is a lovely urban environment within half an hour of beautiful beaches, hiking trails and a dozen enchanting holiday islands. Add a sunny climate, a background rhythm of Polynesian culture and a passion for outstanding food, wine and shopping, and you’re beginning to get a picture of Auckland, New Zealand's largest and most diverse city. More than just a city, Auckland is a whole region full of things to see and do.
The flat is located in Devonport, only 12 minutes from the city, with easy access to many fabulous beaches and miles of waterfront, the area it’s a perfect place for walking, segway or cycling tours.
Devonport is one of Auckland’s oldest suburbs and is well known for its independent spirit and activist community. Enjoying close proximity to the CBD, it has a relaxed seaside vibe and a strong link to the arts, music & literary scene. It is also home to the NZ Navy and is the site of the Tainui Waka landing. Devonport has a rich archaeological, maritime and boat building history.
The property is a beautiful compact apartment in a tower block with stunning views of the Auckland Harbour, Naval Base and CBD. It features two bedrooms and open plan kitchen with breakfast bar and dining/living room.
Condo with 4 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1000 square feet
King and Queen
4 guests maximum
1Hour by car
Extensive views over Auckland City and Harbour
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Auckland is encircled by four wine regions – Matakana, Kumeu, Clevedon Hills and Waiheke Island – so a visit to some of Auckland’s wineries is a must. Enjoy wine tastings, delicious food and gorgeous scenery. Hop on a tour or enjoy at your own pace.
- Enjoy a diverse golf landscape - from oceanfront courses like Gulf Harbour Country Club, to inland gems such as Pukekohe and Remuera, the offerings in the region are tremendous.
- Find a picnic spot in a secluded cove or take a stroll along one of the wide open beaches that seem to stretch forever. Relax with a book under the shade of a sprawling pohutukawa tree, or go swimming, surfing, kayaking, snorkelling or diving.
Places of Interest
- Standing tall above the Devonport town centre is Takarunga / Mount Victoria, the highest volcano on Auckland's North Shore, rising to 87 m. Its lava flows now line much of Devonport's waterfront.
- Visit the historic center of Devonport, with small sandy beaches, a compact village centre bustling with cafés, shops and galleries. One of the best heritage streetscapes in Auckland, the village offers a truly unique boutique shopping experience.
- Great Barrier Island is a place of rugged beauty and untouched wilderness.
- Wander through the beautiful art galleries to see stunning Māori and Pacific art, modern sculpture and old masterpieces. Discover Auckland’s melting pot of cultures and our fascinating stories.
- Enjoy a movie at the historic Victoria Theatre, Auckland’s oldest surviving purpose built movie theatre, now an independent theatre offering the latest movies,
A great holiday
Our stay in Auckland was absolutely wonderful. The views from every room in the apartment were spectacular and we loved watching the cruise ships, ferries and pleasure vessels coming in and out of the harbour. We had everything we needed for a great holiday.”
A great apartment....
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Devon Park. What a great apartment! Spectacular views, ranging from ferries to cruise ships to hundreds of yachts busy on the harbor. The view of downtown Auckland was ever present, as well as the gentle bays around Devonport. Easy to get to the ferry to downtown Auckland. Devonport village has many good restaurants which we enjoyed. The apartment is tastefully decorated, (I loved that the color of the carpet mirrored the color of the sea), the beds are comfortable, and the apartment had everything we needed in the kitchen. A great way to visit Auckland.”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer