Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
This stunning property, built by New Zealand's quintessential bach designer, Andrew Coltart, is located two minutes walk from Waimarama surf beach. Drive through the incredibly beautiful Tuki Tuki Valley on your way to exploring some of Hawkes Bay's internationally acclaimed wineries and restaurants.
The Boathouse is an example of understated luxury for those who wish to experience the perfect holiday. The house, boat shed and outdoor entertaining areas are superbly laid out with a contemporary yet rustic ambiance and can sleep up to eighteen adults and children.
You will find the house well appointed with an open plan chef's kitchen, family room with well-stocked library and breakfast room, all opening to sunny and sheltered courtyards. Sleeping quarters include three queen sized bedrooms, two bathrooms and two bunk rooms (all with beautiful linen and fur throws). Further to this there is an office with high-speed internet situated off the master bedroom.
A recently renovated outdoor boatshed has two double bunks with a single on top. It also has a shower, WC, second laundry and a large TV (Ideal haven for teenagers or staff).
Our boathouse caters for all; the entertainer, the active family (who will love the beach, swimming pool and spa), the wine buff and the guest who loves to relax.
Single Family Home with 1 level
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3000 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Bunk, and Bunk
18 guests maximum
One hour by car
Waimarama Beach which is just a five minute walk away
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Cape Kidnappers Golf Course - Set atop 6,000 rolling acres of pasture land, the Farm encompasses terrain which is reminiscent of Montana with cliffs that plunge 800 feet into the sea and 180 degree views of the pacific.
- Waimarama Beach is one of the most sought-after coastal resorts in the country. Its long stretches of sandy beach are ideal for walking, jogging, swimming, surfing and fishing.
- Visit New Zealand's National Aquarium and watch the scuba divers feeding the sharks, swim with them yourself or have a fun family sleep over!
Places of Interest
- The Hawke's Bay Farmers' Market at Showgrounds Hawke’s Bay in Hastings. Finest producers, artisans, fresh produce directly from the grower or maker, with two opportunities to enjoy the tastes and experiences.
- Te Mata Peak, behind Havelock North, gives 360° views of Hawke’s Bay. Visitors can see Napier and Mahia Peninsula and the Ruahine, Kaweka and Maungaharuru ranges beyond the fertile Heretaunga Plains.
- Cape Kidnappers, a half hour drive from the cities of Hastings and Napier, is a craggy peninsula named to commemorate an incident during Captain Cook’s 1769 voyage.
Paradise near Waimarama Beach
Beautiful home, feet away from the most incredibly pristine Beach. The private home had every possible amenity. We loved our time there”
The Boathouse II
Another stay at this fantastic property. It is so good, we had to come back again! As per my previous review, this property has it all and is a total pleasure to spend time there. ”
Fabulous Boat House
Fantastic stay at this wonderful property. It has everything you could wish for and more. Beautifully appointed and equipped. The pool and spa as well as multiple indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces offer plenty of options. A stones throw from the spectacular Waimarama Beach, the Boat House ticks all the boxes. Would highly recommend this property if you are ever lucky enough to have the opportunity to stay there. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo