This stunning property, built by New Zealand's quintessential bach designer, Andrew Coltart, is located two minutes walk from Waimarama surf beach. Drive through the incredibly beautiful Tuki Tuki Valley on your way to exploring some of Hawkes Bay's internationally acclaimed wineries and restaurants.
The Boathouse is an example of understated luxury for those who wish to experience the perfect holiday. The house, boat shed and outdoor entertaining areas are superbly laid out with a contemporary yet rustic ambiance and can sleep up to eighteen adults and children.
You will find the house well appointed with an open plan chef's kitchen, family room with well-stocked library and breakfast room, all opening to sunny and sheltered courtyards. Sleeping quarters include three queen sized bedrooms, two bathrooms and two bunk rooms (all with beautiful linen and fur throws). Further to this there is an office with high-speed internet situated off the master bedroom.
A recently renovated outdoor boatshed has two double bunks with a single on top. It also has a shower, WC, second laundry and a large TV (Ideal haven for teenagers or staff).
Our boathouse caters for all; the entertainer, the active family (who will love the beach, swimming pool and spa), the wine buff and the guest who loves to relax.
Private Residence with 1 level
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, Bunk, and Bunk
18 guests maximum
One hour by car
Waimarama Beach which is just a five minute walk away
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Cape Kidnappers Golf Course - Set atop 6,000 rolling acres of pasture land, the Farm encompasses terrain which is reminiscent of Montana with cliffs that plunge 800 feet into the sea and 180 degree views of the pacific.
- Waimarama Beach is one of the most sought-after coastal resorts in the country. Its long stretches of sandy beach are ideal for walking, jogging, swimming, surfing and fishing.
- Visit New Zealand's National Aquarium and watch the scuba divers feeding the sharks, swim with them yourself or have a fun family sleep over!
Places of Interest
- The Hawke's Bay Farmers' Market at Showgrounds Hawke’s Bay in Hastings. Finest producers, artisans, fresh produce directly from the grower or maker, with two opportunities to enjoy the tastes and experiences.
- Te Mata Peak, behind Havelock North, gives 360° views of Hawke’s Bay. Visitors can see Napier and Mahia Peninsula and the Ruahine, Kaweka and Maungaharuru ranges beyond the fertile Heretaunga Plains.
- Cape Kidnappers, a half hour drive from the cities of Hastings and Napier, is a craggy peninsula named to commemorate an incident during Captain Cook’s 1769 voyage.
Took our family to the Boathouse and had a wonderful quiet getaway. The property has more than enough of everything and a great layout, it is be perfect for large and small families or even 3. The location is just off the beach and down from the only general store in town. we went off season and although had to prepare and organized food to last, we had perfect weather and it was blissfully quiet. Next time leave the kids and enjoy more of the many wineries available. ”
We had the best stay in Hawke’s Bay with great beaches and sunrises just a short walk from the house, enjoyed great hikes and amazing food and wine at several wineries. The landscape and hills are breathtaking and the house is perfect for a family or group with great entertaining spaces and an easy kitchen to prepare meals. Our hosts were most welcoming and helpful when it came to any questions as well as ideas for things to do and see - if we get the chance to return to NZ and Hawkes Bay, this would be a stop we would love to repeat!”
This is our second stay at The Boathouse and it was yet again an exceptional week and a great place to recharge with the family. Even though we visited in Autumn (April), kids were still able to swim in the pool (a little chilly for the adults) and the roaring outdoor fire place in the evenings created a lovely ambiance and plenty fun for the kids and marshmallows ! Masses of books and board games available to use in the home also. The beach at Waimarama is only a 5 minute walk, and is lovely all year round - great for morning / evening walks. Nearby (20 minutes drive) is Havelock North - a quaint town with exceptional biking trails and wineries, along with excellent food options. The Boathouse for us was a great week as a family retreat on this occasion, however we would not hesitate to return again - maybe next time bring some friends so we can enjoy good company and good food accompanied with a glass of wine or few in some of the world class wineries that the Hawkes Bay is growing famous for !”