Secret Bay - Zabuco Villa
Secret Bay - Zabuco Villa
Secret Bay’s Zabuco Villas are the most beautiful honeymoon villas in the Caribbean. Perfect for all romantic occasions, including honeymoons, private beach weddings, anniversaries, babymoons (to celebrate your imminent new arrival), or just for rekindling your love and reconnecting with one another: this idyllic hideaway is the ultimate romantic escape for people in love. Zabuco is another name for the Bwa Bande tree – renowned in Dominica for its aphrodisiac qualities.
The 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 3000 square foot villas feature an indoor-outdoor living room, breathtaking plunge pool, spacious tropical hardwood decks and outdoor shower; hammocks and day beds are positioned to make the most of the views in your own private tropical escape. The Zabuco Villas are located in an elevated position to ensure the most spectacular panoramic views out to sea and that same feeling of floating above the world in the airy, sunlight-filled yet totally secluded space.
The villa features a modern fully-equipped open-plan chef’s kitchen with granite counter tops. Appliances include: large fridge/freezer with icemaker, gas or electric stove, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, juicer, espresso machine, griller, electric kettle, dishwasher and washing machine/dryer. All major appliances are Siemens and are of the highest quality. The floors and interiors are of sustainably-sourced Guyanese Greenheart; the beautiful bedroom furniture are handmade from Dominican Red Cedar by local craftsmen, and the finishes throughout the villa are of luxurious quality. Wooden bi-folding doors, high ceilings and lots of windows highlight your stay. Air-conditioning is available in the bedroom and living room. There is also high-speed wireless internet, cable television plus State-of-the-art audiovisual system with Sonos speakers and open streaming services. A wide selection of books and board games are at your disposal.
Since opening its doors just seven years ago, Secret Bay has earned a reputation for custom curated guest experiences. Recently named the “World’s Best Boutique Hotel” and ranked in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice top 1 percent of hotels worldwide for the past five years, Secret Bay brings this unparalleled hospitality and global-acclaim to each exchange stay. Secret Bay’s concierge will create a personalized experience itinerary for your stay with us – everything from active and extreme adventure to peaceful relaxation. A dedicated villa attendant will be assigned to your residence to take care of your every need during your stay, from preparing breakfast to your specifications to running a hot bath with smoothing aromatics after a day of exploring the island, and everything in between. Also included is complimentary use of all adventure equipment, including kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, GoPro Hero4, and more, and coveted access to two secluded beaches on property: Tibay Beach, down the beach path from your villa, and Secret Beach, a private, golden sand cove accessible only by water.
A land of great beauty and contrasts, Dominica has so many stories to tell – come and discover the best-kept secret of the Caribbean at Secret Bay!
Note: The photos shown here are representative of Secret Bay Villas and may not be identical to the actual unit you reserve.
Property DetailsTHIRDHOME Affiliate
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 3028 square feet
2 guests maximum
Douglas-Charles Airport (DOM)
1 hour by car
Ocean and Mountain Views
Applicable on owner and exchange stays:
- Per stay Airport Transfers & Villa Preparation
- Per day Secret Bay In-Villa 5* Service
Activities of Interest
- Dine at Secret Bay’s innovative Zing Zing Restaurant, where the menu is conspicuously absent and the chef has free rein to create a culinary journey that honors the freshest, hyper-local ingredients sourced that day.
- Nourish the mind, body and soul with luxurious, all-natural treatments and wholistic therapies at Secret Bay’s three-walled Gommier Spa and riverside Bwa Mang Wellness Pavilion.
- Stop by Secret Bay's seaside Zamann Watersports Hut, your go-to destination for all things nautical — from beach pick ups for boat tours to complimentary access to adventure gear, kayaks, paddleboards, drybags, GoPros and more.
- Top picks for off-property excursions, all planned through concierge, include: horseback riding along a beach or rainforest trail, a guided row up the enchanting Indian River or a day of off-shore adventure with stops at the island’s best snorkel sites.
Places of Interest
- The Waitukubuli National Trail is the Caribbean’s first long distance trail, covering 115 miles throughout the island.
- Batibou Beach is an expansive and secluded soft-sand beach in the North-East of the island. The Atlantic Ocean here is calm enough for swimming and a gently sloping sea bed means you can wade out a good distance.
- With much of the island uninhabited, a large part of Dominica has been allocated to National Parks. A visit to the Morne Trois Pitons National Park (declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1997) is a must.
- The majestic twin waterfalls at Trafalgar are one of Dominica’s most popular attractions. The 125ft and 75ft falls can be viewed after a 15 minute walk on a relaxing trail through the rainforest.
- The Portsmouth Saturday market is a thriving scene of local people and produce and you will often be buying directly from the farmers who grew the crops.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet