Larkspur Mountain Retreat
Larkspur Mountain Retreat
Completely remodeled and professionally decorated, this unique platinum rated property, is a cozy home away from home. With its sunny location, facing south on the second fairway of the Eagle-Vail golf course, and its old world ambiance featuring artistic patina on hand-textured walls and richly lacquered exposed beams throughout, your stay at this four bedroom, three bathroom, 2,400 square foot home will be a vacation full of warm memories.
When you walk through the front door of our home, you will immediately become aware of the loving attention to detail that went into the renovation of it. The materials throughout the home are what you would expect to see in Beaver Creek and Vail including hardwood, slate, stone tile, marble and granite slab surfaces as well as alder cabinetry, trim and doors – giving the home the feeling and ambience of a true mountain lodge. There is also extensive artwork throughout the home with several original pieces.
The main level is an open floor plan with the kitchen, dining room and living room all interacting with each other. The living room has a comfortable leather couch with an accompanying love seat, antique coffee table and other seating, all oriented toward a lifelike gas fireplace and entertainment center surrounded by native Colorado stone and anchored by a wide stone hearth. The entertainment center includes a 46” Sony flat screen TV and stereo with full surround sound, DVD, CD, VHS players and cable TV with DVR feature. There is also high speed wireless internet throughout the home.
Adjacent to this area is a game table where chess, checkers, cards and many other family games can be played. This space has vaulted ceilings, accented by a wrought iron chandelier. In this area and throughout the home, you will find richly lacquered exposed beams that compliment the hand-troweled wall texture and warm patina glazing, which give the home an old world European charm.
The dining area is outfitted with a large wood and iron table with eight leather and wood chairs. Overhead is a moose antler chandelier. Both this area and the living room have warm oriental rugs under foot that nicely compliment the furnishings.
The gourmet kitchen has all the cooking utensils that a true chef could want. The appliances are all stainless steel including a gas stove. The counters are slab granite and include an eating bar with three bar stools.
There is also a large, south facing deck with flower planters overlooking the golf course and the aspen filled mountains beyond. There is a large wrought iron deck table with 6 chairs as well as a chaise lounge, all with comfortable designer cushions. For your outdoor cooking pleasure, there is also a Weber gas grill.
Rounding out the main level is a cedar paneled hot tub room with a tub that will comfortably fit up to 5 adults. This room has a pass through opening to the kitchen where cold beverages can be passed to those enjoying the tub.
There are two master bedroom suites on the upper level, each with its own full bath including marble counters and spa-like marble tile showers with European style shower doors. All of the bathroom fixtures and door hardware are oil rubbed bronze. One of the bedrooms has a king size bed with a decorative wood headboard, the other has a California king with a leather and wood head and footboard. Both beds have designer lodge-style bedding with overstuffed pillows and down comforters. One of the bedrooms has a small deck with atrium doors and windows that look out to the 2nd fairway of the Eagle-Vail golf course. Each of the 4 bedrooms in the home has flat panel TV’s and DVD players for in-suite entertainment.
The bedrooms downstairs are at garden level with plenty of natural light and consist of another large master bedroom with a wrought iron king size bed while the second bedroom has a log bunk bed with a full size bed below and a single above. There is also a full size trundle bed. This room is a favorite for kids but can comfortably accommodate a couple or up to 3 single adults. These bedrooms are connected by a common bath with counters and bath walls finished in stone tile.
Avon, the "Heart of the Valley,” is a great place for visitors. Located at the base of Beaver Creek Resort and eight miles from Vail, a variety of events, recreational activities, and great shopping and dining opportunities are ready for you to come and explore.
Townhome with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2400 square feet, 223 square meters
King, King, King, and Full + Twin
9 guests maximum
Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) or Denver International Airport (DEN)
30 minutes from Eagle, 2 Hours from DIA by car
South facing views of golf course and aspen filled mountains beyond.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Avon Farmers Market - Some of the best vendors in Colorado participate in the Avon Farmer’s Market.
- Fly Fishing Outfitters - Since 1992 Fly Fishing Outfitters has been serving the Vail Valley. Locally owned and operated, year round, Fly Fishing Outfitters is the only Orvis endorsed guide service and retail location in Avon.
- Beaver Creek Resort - Boasts the ambiance of a modern resort coupled with the unhurried feel of an alpine village.
- Paulie’s Plunge - One of the most beloved of EagleVail’s trails. It is one of several routes by which EagleVail connects to the trails of Beaver Creek; this one in particular lands right on the Cinch mountain bike trail.
- Whiskey Creek Trail - A lovely, scenic trail through alternating grassy meadows, aspens and evergreens.
Places of Interest
- Ristorante Ti Amo - A true local’s favorite, Ti Amo has been voted the Vail Valley’s best Italian since 1995.
- Walking Mountains Science Center - Provides locals and visitors with opportunities to explore nature, gain a scientific understanding, and learn about the many wonders of Avon's mountain environment through natural science and sustainability programs.
- EagleVail Golf Club - Consists of a beautiful 18-hole course, restaurant, driving range, event venue and golf shop.