*** COVID-19 NOTE: Owner maintains property per required professional cleaning guidelines and industrial strength approved cleaners throughout ***
Camp SonShine is a custom home on Mirror Lake nestled steps away from all that Main Street, Lake Placid has to offer. Guests will be struck by this magnificent home's 5,000 square foot design the second that you walk in the door and are greeted by outstanding views of the lake from almost every room. A bright and open floor plan that boasts four bedrooms, six bathrooms, and entertainment space indoors and outdoors, this home is the perfect retreat for a tranquil get away.
The main floor features a lakefront great room with 26-foot vaulted, pine ceilings. A massive, stone wood burning fireplace keeps the room warm, while the floor-to-ceiling windows serve as the focal point.
The lakefront, chef's kitchen with extra large curved island, six burner Thermadore gas range and all the amenities to assure the upmost pleasant cooking experience. The 12-foot, American chestnut, planked dining table prominently overlooks Mirror Lake and comfortably seats twelve. A lakefront upper deck features a gas grill and is an additional location for dining with a beautiful water view.
The first floor master suite features a stone gas fireplace, flat screen TV, and spectacular views of Mirror Lake. The full bath offers double vanity and an oversized shower with two shower-heads and separate body sprays.
The lower level offers three more master suites - all with spectacular views of Mirror Lake! Master Suite Two (the Spa Room) features a full bath with oversized double vanity and massive spa steam shower. There is even a separate two person whirlpool spa tub, stone gas fire place with lounge seating area and flat screen TV. Master Suite Three (the Blond Room/Office) features a 3/4 bath, a flat screen tv and office area for your work away from home.
The lakefront, bunkroom suite features two sets of bunks and one queen to comfortably sleep up to 6. Its bath offers double vanity and a shower/tub combo.
The lower level also features a lakefront recreation room with stone gas fireplace, flat screen tv, oversized sectional seating and a 12-foot authentic tabletop shuffleboard. From the lakefront recreation room, you can access the expansive covered lakefront logia/patio that features a great outdoor stone fireplace with granite hearth.
Steps away from the lake, Camp SonShine also offers a covered lakefront boat storage area with direct access to the lake for all of the seasons toys: canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, skis, skates and snowshoes. An outdoor shower is also available for your use during the summer months.
AWD or 4-wheel drive is recommended in the winter months. Please note that the off-street parking is limited to three parking spots in the winter and four parking spots in the summer.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5000 square feet, 465 square meters
King, King, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Albany International Airport (ALB)
2 hours by car
Mirror Lake with High Peak Adirondack Mountains as the backdrop
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Owner does NOT accept requests for stays between Memorial Day through Labor Day
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- ADK Aquatics - Come ride Lake Placid...Whether wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, wake surfing, private boat tour or sunset cruise, we have it all.
- Mount Van Hoevenberg - Mount Van Hoevenberg is the starting point for 31 miles of beautiful cross-country trails that have seen both Olympic and World Cup competition.
- Lake Placid Club Golf Courses - 45 Holes of Championship Golf - Links Course, Mountain Course, & Pristine 9.
- Adirondack Equine Center - While visiting the Adirondacks and Lake Placid be sure to include horseback riding for one of your most memorable of your vacation activities.
Places of Interest
- Olympic Center - In 1932 and again in 1980, the world's attention was focused on the Adirondack village of Lake Placid when it hosted the Winter Olympic Games.
- Mirror Lake - Always friendly locals to talk to, plenty to do.
- Lake Placid - Breathtaking views!
Great location with wonderful views of Mirror Lake and the mountains!”