South Lake Tahoe Waterfront Home
South Lake Tahoe Canal-front Home
Not too often, do you get the chance to spend a week on the edge of Lake Tahoe. Luckily for Third Home members, the opportunity has arrived at this four bedroom, three bath, 3,100 square foot waterfront home. Located in the exclusive Tahoe Keys neighborhood, this canal-front home features a private dock so that guests are merely steps away from a scenic day on the lake. All guests have open access to the Tahoe Keys Marina where they can rent boats and other watercraft.
The Tahoe Keys community is a private marina that is seven hundred and forty acres with approximately eleven miles of inland waterways. This home has an canal-front location, with direct water access out to Lake Tahoe.
The outside of the cabin is sleek and modern, with a two-car garage, private driveway, balcony, patio and fenced-in yard.
Moving inside the home, the house is furnished with cozy, lake house and mountain décor. Plenty of space for guests to gather around and socialize can be found throughout the home. Just through the front door and into the living room, there is a great seating area and flatscreen tv.
Around the corner from the living room, is the kitchen and dining area. The kitchen is equipped with all the amenities guests will need to fill up after a long day exploring. In the dining area, guests will find seating for 8-10 at a long, rustic table and a view overlooking the water.
The cabin’s four bedrooms are appointed with furnishings and décor that will make guests feel as if they are right at home. Three of the four rooms are fit with queen size beds, and the fourth features two bunk beds. The master bedroom is equipped with a love seat by the window, making it the perfect spot to relax and read a book while sipping a warm beverage. Inside the master bathroom, is a deep, jetted tub and walk-in shower with a bench.
Downstairs on the ground level of the house, the basement area houses more comfortable sofas, a television, an authentic wood burning stove and laundry room. In the garage, we provide our guests with three kayaks, two paddle boards, several bikes, and even snow shoes!
A huge advantage of the cabin’s Tahoe Keys location is its waterfront living with direct access to Lake Tahoe for boating, water sports, and fishing. Additional amenities included at the Tahoe Keys include indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, volleyball courts, and a playground area near the club house and private beach.
During the winter months, guests are close by to all of the Lake Tahoe area ski attractions. Just fifteen minutes away lies the sprawling Heavenly Ski Resort where you can ski runs with an incredible view of the deep blue lake. Just thirty minutes away is Sierra at Tahoe, offering guests another ski resort with a view of the lake. About an hour away are the Northstar and Squaw Valley ski resorts.
The Tahoe Keys is level topography bringing the residents spectacular mountain and lake views. With great sun, wide streets, easy access and good snow removal you will often see Tahoe Keys residents taking nice winter as well as summer walks. The Tahoe Keys neighborhood is close to the ski slopes and winter sports, and is just a quick ten minute drive to the downtown Casino, night life and entertainment.
Within the Tahoe Keys neighborhood you will enjoy the Fresh Catch restaurant, the Sierra Athletic health Club and Mountain Yoga. There are walking paths that weave through the meadow to the Lake, and bike paths leading to many of South Shores best beaches.
The homeowners have 3 kayaks, 2 paddle boards, several bikes, as well as snowshoes available for your use.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3100 square feet, 288 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Other
10 guests maximum
Reno–Tahoe International Airport (RNO), Sacramento International Aiport (SMF)
75 minutes by car to RNO, 2 hours by car to SMF
Mountain and canal views
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Emerald Bay Helicopter Tour - See Lake Tahoe’s most beautiful spot from above on a 10-minute Emerald Bay helicopter flight. Short but sweet, this aerial tour takes off from South Lake Tahoe and flies you over Emerald Bay.
- Tahoe Adventure Company - Offers kayak, stand up paddle board, bike, hike, snowshoe, and multisport guided adventures and rentals in the Lake Tahoe and Truckee areas.
- Tahoe Photographic Tours - The first and most experienced, personalized scenic guide and photographic service in Lake Tahoe. Concentrates on showing you the very best of Tahoe and takes you to must-see Tahoe locations, and off the beaten path as well.
Places of Interest
- Northstar Village - Upscale shops, refined dining and Lake Tahoe's only five-star slopeside lodging is married to impeccable grooming, incredible tree skiing and enough variety to challenge every level of skier.
- Squaw Valley - One of the finest Lake Tahoe ski resorts in California with olympic memories.
- Vikingsholm - Located in Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe, this magnificent castle is a unique blend of nature's spectacular beauty and man's architectural ingenuity.
- Heavenly Mountain Resort - Discover a Lake Tahoe, California ski resort that is one of the most unique snowsports destinations on the planet.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe - Located 12 miles west of South Lake Tahoe, with 2000 acres of trail and tree skiing and snowboarding. Snowtoys and tubing for the entire family.
My family and I had a lovely time at South Lake Tahoe. Mireille was the perfect hostess! She met us at he house the day we arrived and had everything ready for us. The house is completely stocked with everything you would need. There were also lots of "toys" to play with! We used the kayaks, paddle boards, badminton, corn hole, bikes just to name a few. The neighborhood was nice and quiet. The only negative is it was very hot that week and the house has no a/c which is understandable, but the windows either had no screens or had holes in the screens so it got very warm in the house. We went to K Mart and bought fans and everything was fine. Mireille offered to pay us for the fans but we said it wasn't necessary. I think normally the temps would be more moderate so this would not be a problem. Overall I would highly recommend this property! ”