Timber Moose - Largest Private Log Cabin in America
Timber Moose Lodge – America’s Largest Log Cabin!
A stay at America’s largest private log cabin is in your future! With 26,400 square feet of living space, Timber Moose Lodge sits on 12 private acres surrounded by Utah’s spectacular mountains. The lodge features 13 bedrooms and can sleep up to 60 guests, making for the ultimate getaway with all of your family and friends!
Constructed and decorated in a classic log cabin style, this massive home features polished hardwood floors, wood-paneled ceilings and walls, and timbered finishes. High, vaulted ceilings and wide windows allow for ample amounts of sunlight to flood each living space, creating a gracious living area that has more than enough room for everyone. Relax in western-style décor, including plush, leather sofas situated around one of seven magnificent fireplaces.
The kitchen is completely open concept, featuring top-notch appliances and cookware that will help you create restaurant-quality meals for your guests. Two spacious center islands double as breakfast bars, with saloon-style seating and plenty of room to grab a glass of wine and watch the master chef at work. The elaborate dining room features a long wooden dining table underneath a rustic chandelier, as well as plenty of booths throughout the room. The Grand Room upstairs features high, vaulted ceilings, and can accommodate 96 guests in banquet or presentation seating.
Each of the 13 bedrooms has a unique theme and mountain name, keeping with the rustic, earthy appeal of the lodge. Each room is exquisitely decorated, with lavish aspects such as stone fireplaces and private balconies present at every turn. The owner’s favorite of the bunch is the Elk Room, with high vaulted ceilings, a plush queen-sized bed, and an expansive private balcony that overlooks majestic mountain vistas. The home has 16 bathrooms in total, including a men’s room and women’s room for guests.
This astounding property never fails to amaze you with its incredible amenities. For sweeping views of the rugged landscape, take advantage of the Crow’s Nest viewing room, located 50-feet above ground and offering splendid views of the mountains. If you’d like to keep a routine during your stay, swim some laps in the massive indoor swimming pool before sweating it out in your personal sauna. If you ever have some downtime, just explore the astonishing grounds of this beautiful property.
Heber City and its vast valley offer the perfect home base for exploring the surrounding mountains. This stunning alpine town has it all – from cross country skiing at Soldier Hollow Nordic Center to horseback riding or golf at the luxurious Homestead Resort. You can even go scuba diving at the famous Homestead Crater, an opportunity that’s not to be missed. After a long day of hiking in the Wasatch Mountains, satisfy your appetite with a meal in one of Heber City’s amazing restaurants, or head out for a night on the town in a local bar.
Heber City is an adventurer’s paradise, and the best way to experience it all is with a stay at this larger than life property!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Estate with 5 levels
13 bedrooms, 16 baths, 26400 square feet, 2453 square meters
King, King, Queen, King, King, Bunk, King, Queen, Bunk, King, Queen, Bunk, and King
60 guests maximum
Salt Lake City International Airport - SLC
1 hour and 10 minutes by car
Stunning mountain views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Due to the size of the lodge, there is a mandatory mid-week cleaning fee of $450.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wasatch Mountain Golf (35 minute drive) - This 36-hole course offers absolutely stunning mountain views.
- Deer Creek State Park Fishing (35 minute drive) - This state park is known for its excellent fishing and water sports.
- Rocky Mountain Outfitters (30 minute drive) - Go fly fishing with an expert angler and learn the ropes!
- Soldier Hollow Nordic Center (30 minute drive) - This is a world-class area for cross-country skiing, and home to a plethora of other winter activities as well.
- Homestead Crater (30 minute drive) - Swimming and diving in this crater is a truly memorable experience.
Places of Interest
- Wasatch Mountain State Park (30 minute drive) - This massive state park stretches over 23000 acres and offers a plethora of activity.
- Homestead Resort (30 minute drive) - The Homestead Resort has its own golf course and offers plenty of fun activities for the whole family.
- Uinta National Forest (1.5 hour drive) - This sprawling national forest has plenty of pretty hikes to enjoy.
- Snake Creek Grill (20 minute drive) - Enjoy the atmosphere at this Old West style roadhouse, offering up delicious American classics.
- Main Street Social (20 minute drive) - Have a night out on the town at this delicious eatery.
It's the largest private log cabin in the United States and it feels like it even though we had 35 people in the house. The staff was very helpful in addressing property issues, which we ran into quite a few. Regardless the issue they addressed it immediately. They mentioned they hadn't had any open days for 6 months. The lodge really needed a week or two off for general maintenance repairs and a good deep clean. Otherwise the staff and lodge were amazing. The lodge is fully stocked with fun activities for all guest. Its about 20 minutes from town which was no big deal. 45 minutes to Park City where we skied. The indoor pool was awesome. Its tough to find a place to fit our whole family in one place but the Timber Moose lodge delivered that with ease! We would certainly go back.”