Le Pressoir is supremely well placed for access to all the very best of the Vendee region's attractions.
The seaside resort of La Tranche sur Mer is almost on the doorstep, at less than a ten-minute drive away. Not much further afield are the calm and scenic waterways of the Marais Poitevin and stunning vistas of vineyards, sunflowers and poppies, depending on the season.
It's Ideally located only a 2 minute stroll from the village centre with bars/cafes and restaurants & just a 10 minute drive from wonderful 'Blue Flag' sandy beaches with lots of local family attractions nearby.
Le Pressoir is a 4 bedroom renovated barn conversion complete with the aroma of the wood burner, oak beams and floors which all adds to its authenticity as the local old 'wine press'. With a few home essentials, it makes the perfect holiday home for family/friends holidaying together.
Le Pressoir's private outdoor eating area is accessible from the sitting room via a few steps leading down to the terrace, garden and shared pool area (a stair gate has been fitted).
Here you can enjoy the 4m x 5m gazebo, which creates a welcome shade during the summer months. You can all eat together on the terrace at the large table and benches.
Partially laid to lawn, the garden is surrounded by mature plants, trees, shrubs and flowers and overlooks the pool. A chimney-style barbecue has been provided to ensure that you can cook outside in style.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1080 square feet
King, King, Twin, and Bunk
4 guests maximum
Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), La Rochelle – Île de Ré Airport (LRH)
1.5 hours by car
Views of the garden surrounded by mature plants, trees, shrubs and flowers overlooking the pool.
Pool heating - £90 per day
This home shares a pool with La Pergola and La Palmier and, depending on availability, can be booked all together providing a total of 12 bedrooms for larger extended groups or multiple family trips.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The 'Cercle Nautique Tranchais' (CNT) offers sailing, windsurfing, kite surfing and sand sailing. Longeville-sur-Mer offers seven kilometres of sandy beaches, ideal for sunbathing and also superb for boating and surfing enthusiasts.
- Atlantic Wake Park – (15 mins away) New - The great 750 meters long lake ski lift allows you to practice up to 10 people simultaneously on either a wakeboard, wake shake, kneeboard & ski’s.
- Indian Forest Adventure Park - (5 mins away) Watch this video of all the exciting and amazing activities at the EPIC adventure park just 5 minutes from Le Pressoir. Fabulous fun for ALL ages.
Places of Interest
- The famous Vendée coast - referred to locally as the Côte-de-Lumière (Coast of Light) stretches along 13 kms with 8 kms facing south.
- La-Grière-Plage, near the resort of La-Tranche-sur-Mer, but even in the height of summer, it offers superb sand with a less frenetic atmosphere. Local cafés do a roaring trade in “Brioches Vendéennes”, a mouth-watering cross between bread and cake.
- Adventure Park and Chateau - (10-15 mins away) Experience an 'historic adventure' set in the 86 hectare grounds of a beautiful Chateau.
- La Rochelle - (1 hr 30 mins away) This beautiful city is divided into two - the old port full of yachts and historic buildings, guarded by the medieval defensive towers, and the more modern town centre, which has fashionable boutiques and restaurants.
- Châteaux, Castles & Churches - (40 mins away) Visit the beautiful historic chateaux of the region, castles and the typically French Plantagenet-style churches. Many are set in stunning manicured grounds.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- iPod Dock Stereo