Fregate Island Eden Sanctuary, Seychelles
CURATED BOUTIQUE ISLAND HIDEAWAYS
BOUTIQUE ISLAND HIDEAWAYS - FRIGATE ISLAND EDEN SANCTUARY
This is a ThirdHome tailored private island journey (ideal for 2-8 people) or could be arranged for a small group maximum of 10-12 people. Our customized journeys allow members to set their own travel dates and include their individual personal interests along with specific excursions, dining and regional opportunities that they may wish to experience for the perfectly-personal journey experience. NO keys are required for this journey. Please refer to fees section in this experience page.
Experience 7 nights/8 days capturing the spirit of an uninhabited primordial paradise on the private Seychelles isle of Fregate with its stunning plantation-era Island Private Lodge. Encounter with unique and endangered wildlife within the restored indigenous forests and along its picturesque beaches. The lodge’s thatched villas, spacious and luxurious as they are, seem hidden away on the island’s shores—some nestled in the trees, others tucked in among granite cliffs. Inland, a network of nature paths beckons jungle explorers, and just beyond the shoreline, sapphire seas seduce kayakers, snorkelers, and swimmers. Fregate is part tropical paradise, part wild isle—a place where brochure-worthy beaches are inhabited by creatures seemingly plucked from the Galápagos. Like those famous Ecuadorian isles, the wildlife here illustrates the power and wonder of what evolution can do in isolation. The beaches are some of the only in the world where sea turtles nest during daylight hours; thousands of rare and endemic tropical birds flit through the trees; and curiously, the Seychelles are the only other place on the planet outside of Darwin’s archipelago where giant tortoises roam free.
FEATURED HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR ISLAND STAY:
* Home to 2,200 free-roaming Giant Aldabra Tortoises including the nests of hundreds of endangered Hawksbill Turtles
* A sanctuary to hundred thousands of tropical birds, more than 100 species
* 16 beautifully handcrafted Residences with grand private pools and island amenities
* The resort's Banyan Hill Estate on a secluded peninsula
* 7 beaches, one frequently voted "most beautiful in the world"
* A private inland harbour & Yacht Club with PADI Dive Centre
* Innovative cuisine inspired by exotic fruits & vegetables grown in our own plantation with Infinite romantic dining venues on the island, including our unique "Tree House" high up in one of the island's oldest and largest banyan trees
* Surrounded by dramatic granite rock formations, the Rock Spa on Fregate Island offers a range of facilities and treatment rooms for massages, training or yoga sessions, including an air-conditioned gym. With giant tortoises gently roaming the grounds of the Rock Spa, a warm welcome awaits you in this haven of relaxation for mind, body and soul.
FREGATE ISLAND STAY-EXPERIENCE Includes:
* Fregate Island Private Transfers - for arrivals and departures choose between Helicopter (OR) Boat (subject to weather conditions)
* Dedicated Island Airport Representative will meet you upon arrival and fast-track you through immigration and customs
* 7 Nights Accommodations - choose from Private Pool or Private Pool Spa Residences each with their own infinity pool and jacuzzi; (OR) The Private Banyan Hill Estate comprised of 3 separate individual Villa residences magnificently located on a hilltop on a secluded peninsula overlooking the island - the Banyan Hill Estate comes with your own personal chef, private butler and personal maid, all dedicated to making sure your wishes are fulfilled
* Your own Buggy to explore trails on the whole island
* Yoga session and welcome spa ritual
* One diving instruction (60min in the pool) + one deep sea fishing expedition; including all non-motorized watersports
* Dining - unique island dining experiences with a selection of wines, local beer and soft drinks included; every stay on Fregate Island ensures guests garden-to-sea produce that has been nurtured upon the island's natural habitat always offering vegetables and fruits grown of the highest quality and standards. Grown organically, the resort guarantee's fresh island produce reaches your plate fresh each and every day. A large variety of ocean-fresh fish from the resort's harbor is available to choose from. And with this variety of fresh, succulent island ingredients, the resort showcases creole and international cuisine at its best. On Fregate Island, one can choose to have dinner wherever they want. The island's individual spots all add their own touch to your dining occasion. Besides dining in the restaurants and bars, one can explore dining in the Treehouse high up in one of the island's oldest and largest banyan trees or in the Yacht Club. Whenever you sit down to dine in the plantation, choose your ingredients together with the island's Chef de Cuisine from a wide variety of exotic vegetables, herbs and fruits. Choose any of the beaches for a romantic BBQ, breakfast, lunch or dinner. And for high tea, we highly recommend the Glacis Cerf Pavilion. Or perhaps consider taking a memorable Sunset Cruise or Sashimi Picnic, to dine out on water in one of island boats. And on Mont Signal, the highest point on Fregate Island, early evening cocktails are served along with the delight of watching the sun set in the horizon. Last but not least, if one prefers to stay in the comfort and privacy of their own residence, the resort is happy to take care of all the dining arrangements there, too.
* Choose a Seasonal Promotion (when available) - examples range from Stay 6 Nights for the Price of 5; Early Bird Savings and Bonus Inclusions when planning your stay at least 4-months in advance; Family Special Savings; Honeymoon Package Savings; Sea & Safari Combo - book a stay at Fregate Bay + Singita African Safari package for extra savings!
** Seasons and Sea Conditions **
The period between October and May is called the Northwest Monsoon in the Seychelles. This season is characterized by the lack of wind. Calm to moderate sea conditions normally prevail. The period between end of May and September is called the Southeast Monsoon in the Seychelles. This season is characterized by the daily, steady Southeast Trade Winds which usually cause rough sea conditions.
TO INQUIRE FOR MORE DETAILS & BEGIN PLANNING YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY - please contact:
Liz Bates - Director of Travel & Concierge Services
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 square feet
1 guest maximum
Make International Airport
Helicopter, Plane or Boat Transfers to island
In lieu of the normal ThirdHome Keys & exchange fees, this personally tailored journey is a full-pay travel option and the monetary cost will be quoted to the member based on whatever accommodations are chosen, along with all other itinerary arrangements and inclusions the member requests to be a part of their customized itinerary. This journey does not require a specific number of keys.
Activities of Interest
Places of Interest
- Seychelles & Private Island destination
- Concierge Service