Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom
Gorgeous Georgian Bath Flat
Bath, with its impressive architecture and UNESCO heritage site, is a lovely, friendly city, a wonderful destination for a visit as well as a great base to explore the West Country. Within its gracious boulevards and winding narrow cobbled streets it has superb shopping, restaurants, theatre, galleries and bookshops as well the historic Abbey, Pump Room and the Thermal Baths. Plus there are many delightful areas to walk peacefully canal-side or amongst trees and gardens.
It is very well placed for travelling to and around: 80 minutes on direct train from London, or 2 hrs by National Express bus from Heathrow, 40 mins from Bristol airport.
The flat is ground floor and has all the exquisite period detailing of its era (late 1700's): the very high ceilings, intricate mouldings, tall shuttered windows, panelled doors, marble fireplace.
It's a supremely comfortable and very practical space to be in though, with one fabulous living room of 20'x20' in which there's a seating area by the open fire with large comfy sofa and an area with antique dining table seating six, plus a conversation corner by one of the three long windows. Other furniture is a mix of English and French antiques with eclectic objects and some brilliantly coloured rugs on the fitted carpet. A well equipped galley kitchen is adjacent.
Across the hall the big bedroom has a traditional 4 poster bed (king size) and a French armoire for hanging clothes. It has a lovely green view over the lawned garden and sun terrace.
Off the entrance hall there's also a separate snug/study in which there's a desk, bookshelves and a sofa bed. The bathroom is newly completely re-done with a bath and shower over. It has a white suite in Edwardian style and is all pale Bath stone tiled, with mosaic on the floor and underfloor heating plus heated towel rail.
Townhome with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 900 square feet
3 guests maximum
Bristol Airport - BRS
40 minutes by car
The flat is on Bath's northern slopes in one of Bath's sought-after terraces with wide views of skyscapes over the city and surrounding hills.
Activities of Interest
- The area has a super cafe/deli in St James, 5 mins walk away, where this is also a small supermarket, old-fashioned greengrocers', florist, two acclaimed gastro-pubs and The Royal Crescent Hotel with a garden for taking tea and a spa swimming pool.
- A large park with 2 golfing areas is close by in one direction, while the delightful pedestrianised Margaret's Buildings (antique shops, cafes and small galleries) and The Circus are en route on the short walk downhill to the central shopping area.
- Don’t miss the adrenaline pumping motorsports at Castle Combe Race Circuit, the chance to tackle the sheer rock face and climb Cheddar Gorge or the thrill of a live horse race at Bath Racecourse.
- Hire a canal boat, enjoy a tour along the River Avon or just jump straight in at a wild swimming spot!
Places of Interest
- The magnificent Royal Crescent is 5 minutes walk away, the Assembly Rooms and three of Bath's specialist small museums are equally close by.
- The city’s diverse collection of fascinating museums allows you to unearth everything from where William Herschel discovered the planet Uranus to what was at the height of fashion 100 years ago and how Jane Austen spent her time in Bath.
- You can explore the history behind the city’s spa culture by discovering the 2,000 year old Roman Baths, filled with ancient mystical artefacts and thermal water that still steams today.
- The Tow Path along the canal is both easily accessible and fantastic for a day out. We suggest hiring some bikes and cycling to Bradford-on-Avon for lunch.
A great week in Bath
Our stay was great, a lovely apartment with a lot of beautiful art pieces to look at and enjoy. It's a short walk to the centre of bath and to the "Gin" bar. We enjoy cooking and the only small criticism we would have is that the kitchen was more organised ! We enjoyed the outside garden space most evenings was so restful. I would recommend a visit to Bath and to this apartment. Thank you Julie”
- High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet