Millbrook Farmhouse Escape
Idle Hour Farm is located in the heart of Hunt Country, Dutchess County NY. It is a peaceful place among rolling hills, horse farms and dairy farms. It is conveniently located 1 1/2 hours from NYC, 1 hour from the Catskill Mountains, 4 hours from the Adirondack Mountains.
It is situated on 16 acres of open views, a four stall horse barn (bring your own horses if you'd like) a lovely swimming pond and babbling brook. The house is an antique farm house, beautifully decorated and amply equipped. The kitchen is a chef's kitchen, the home is excellent for entertaining both outside and in. With five bedrooms an extended family getaway can be enjoyed.
Idle Hour Farm is NOT just a Summer retreat, it is a winter wonderland. The pond is crystal clear for ice skating during the day or by night lit up by a huge bonfire. The house has 4 working fireplaces to make your stay cozy and romantic. For a winter getaway weekend or longer, come take in the frosty views and enjoy some outdoor winter fun!
Come breath the fresh air and enjoy life in the country
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
Full, Queen, King, Queen, and Full
8 guests maximum
Stewart International Airport - SWF
40 minutes by car
Swimming Pond 16 acres of Open Views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Cross Country Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Downhill Skiing
- Horseback Riding - bring your own horse!
- Fitness Center/Gym
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
Places of Interest
- Catskill Mountain - 60 minutes by car
- New York City - 90 minutes by car
- Adirondack Mountains - 4 hours
- The Culinary Institute of America – The New York campus of the institute is in Hyde Park. The restaurants associated with the institute offer fantastic food cooked by the students.
- Roosevelt-Vanderbilt National Historic Sites – Three houses make up this site. Franklin D. Roosevelt’s home is a museum dedicated to the only President elected to four terms. The other two are the Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt’s Val-Kill.
Great Place, great Location
The farmhouse was so wonderful, beautifully decorated and completely outfitted. It has the charm that only 100+ years can give it. The setting is gorgeous and peaceful. There's lots to do in the area, with the Culinary Institute of America as a MUST see. Don't miss Innisfree Gardens, 10 minutes from the house. Thanks again for a great vacation!”