Castellina in Chianti - Siena, Italy
***PLEASE NOTE: The week of March 17th, 2018 is only available for a 6-night stay from Sunday, March 18th to Saturday, March 24th, 2018***
Il Cellese is set in the heart of Chianti, one of the most emblematic and stately areas of the Italian countryside.
Located between Florence and Siena, its undulating hills evoke the refined country life of antiquity while maintaining its beauty and balance. Along its extensive terrain, oak forests alternate with cypress, vineyards and centennial olive trees. Here, the best Tuscan wines and olive oils are produced.
The country estate of il Cellese is formed by several independent apartments perched upon a hilltop, from which you can contemplate an invaluable historic heritage and simultaneously enjoy the hospitality of the estate. It occupies one of the most privileged locations of the Chianti. But, it’s the fusion of its landscape, agriculture, its wines, its healthy climate, its history and its proximity to the most beautiful cities that make Il Cellese unique.
Its geographic situation offers the possibility of traveling, in little time, to cities such as: Siena, Florence, Pisa, Arezzo or Lucca, most of them less than an hour away.
Estate with 2 levels
11 bedrooms, 10 baths, 5650 square feet
King, King, King, King, Queen, Queen, Full, Full, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
22 guests maximum
Florence or Bologna airports
30mins or 1.5 hrs by car respectively
Stunning views over the Tuscan countryside
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Sergio will be pleased to open the doors of his cellar for a tour illustrating the production process and aging of wine. A fascinating experience.
- Our dear friend Riccardo Spoti and his school SPORTS GAME Fishing will accompany you for a 'exciting day of deep sea fishing using different fishing techniques for a variety of species: squid, snapper, amberjack or red tuna.
- Early morning departure from "The Cellese" to reach the place suitable for the production of the mightly truffle nestled in the countryside of San Gimignano.
Places of Interest
- Visit beautiful Pienza. Its breathtaking views, incredible architecture, fabulous artwork and famous sheep's cheeses have made it a "World Wide Heritage Site" by UNESCO and the coveted Bandiera Arancione.
- It is possible to spend an entire day walking through the cobblestone streets of Siena and not see it all. This medieval town is incredibly well preserved, and its architecture and artwork are fascinating.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections.
Sharing the heart of Chianti
Our party was a group of families traveling with the children of different ages so the property being split into separate apartments (instead of shared communal areas) suited us really well. The hosts, Sergio and Silvia, were in the on site office everyday and they were exceptionally helpful - Sergio offering to give us tours of the wine cellars and helping us with reservations, whilst Silvia cooked us wonderful Italian dinners every night which meant we didn't have to worry about shopping or washing up. The property also has an incredible view being located in the heart of Chianti with some amazing towns being just a 30-45 min drive away. An lovely base in the heart of Chianti. Thank you.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet