Villa Nobile sits on the beautiful hill of Aquilea (pronounced “ah-kwee-LAY-ah”), just north of the walled-town of Lucca, Tuscany, with views of the countryside, the river, and Lucca in the distance. A large, beautifully furnished villa and estate of 300 olive trees, in the gorgeous Tuscan countryside, this home is conveniently located just north of Lucca.
You can easily explore the beautiful countryside surrounding the villa, Lucca (20 minutes), the Garfagnana region (30 minutes), Pisa (45 minutes), Florence (75 minutes), the Cinque Terre (90 minutes) and many, many more attractions.
Villa Nobile backs to the highest piazza in Aquilea villages, and looks out over its large estate with 300 olive trees, swimming pool, and beautiful views. With southern exposure, this superb property offers approximately 6,000 square feet of living space and sleeps up to 12 people. Every bedroom has its own en suite bathroom.
This is truly an outstanding and historic property which has been lovingly and tastefully restored, as well as exquisitely furnished. Antique terra cotta floor tiles, stone walls and exposed wooden ceiling beams enhance the spacious interiors.
Villa Nobile includes all top-of-the-line modern amenities including broadband Wi-Fi internet access and contemporary comforts; yet retains the charm and old-world feel of the important villas of the region.
The village has a coffee bar and small grocery (1km) while other coffee shops, baker, butcher, restaurants, shops and a large grocery are in the bigger village near the river at the bottom of the hill (3.5km). The drive is very pretty, as the winding, paved road passes olive groves, farmhouses, vineyards and cypress trees. Lucca itself is 13 km (8 miles) from the villa.
On the ground level of Villa Nobile, guests will find a large living room with TV, couches, and firm pullout sofa, a recreation room with ping pong table, laundry room with washer and dryer, and a full bathroom with shower. Outside, is where guests can lounge around the garden, float in the pool, and take in all of the amazement that the Tuscan countryside has to offer.
Double doors lead into the entry foyer on the main floor, letting the warm sunshine pour into the spacious and gorgeous living room with fireplace. The room is full of warmth and is the perfect place for spending time with the rest of your group. Also found on the main floor is the large, fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast area and dining room with antique table. An additional sitting area offers guests a TV with stereo equipment, and opens onto a terrace with a large table and views over swimming pool. An additional bathroom is located on this floor.
All five bedrooms are located on the top level of the Villa. The first bedroom is fit with king-sized bed, air conditioning and en suite bathroom with shower, the second is fit with double bed, and en suite bathroom with shower, the third and fourth bedrooms are fit with two twin beds that can be joined and en suite bathroom with shower, and the fifth is fit with a queen-sized bed, air conditioning and en suite bathroom with shower.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 7 baths, 6000 square feet, 558 square meters
King, Full, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Pisa International Airport (PSA)
45 minutes by car
Look out over the mesmerizing, Italian countryside, surrounded by 300 olive trees.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Tuscany Cruises on the Road - Day Tours - Just think...while cruising, you visit many countries in a short period of time, now you can extend your experience and be able to tour many cities in a day!
- Tuscany Ride a Bike - Tours range from a simple ride in a historical town center closed to traffic, to the challenging excursion on the road or off-road.
- Lucca Horseriding - Beautiful views are sure to be found all around you on this trek.
- Puccini Museum - Casa natale - The house where Giacomo Puccini was born in 1858 and is now a museum, which houses portraits, scores, sketches and other memorabilia related to this famous composer's life.
Places of Interest
- Piazza Anfiteatro - This city square is built on an ancient Roman amphitheater situated in the heart of Lucca's historical center.
- The 16th Century Walls - Over 4 kilometers of panoramic walkway overlooking the city of Lucca. Only accesisble by foot, it is full of those secret corners that you won’t be able to discover by walking through the tiny streets of the old city center.
- Il Duomo - This world-renowned cathedral is home to the most beautiful art masterpieces.
- Da Felice - This buzzing spot behind Piazza San Michele is where the locals come for wood-fired pizza, cecina (salted chickpea pizza) and castagnacci (chestnut cakes).
- Villa Grabau - Just north of Lucca in San Pancrazio, is this vast parkland with sweeping traditional English- and Italian-styled gardens, splashing fountains, more than 100 terracotta pots with lemon trees and a postcard-pretty lemon house.
One word "awesome"!! Tucked in the hills above Lucca the villa was charming and accommodating for our group of 10. Cooked several wonderful meals after sightseeing and relaxing by the pool. Truly a place you will never forget!!! Thumbs UP!!”
Peaceful and quiet with stunning views
A lovely location with ample space and lovely surroundings. Aircon only in the two main bedrooms was great but even those without stayed cool enough with the shutters closed. Its worth noting that those seeking multimedia experiences may struggle- there's only one English tv channel (BBC world news), the tv's don't have hdmi so you can't use a firestick or similar and wifi coverage is weak due to thick walls. Anyway that's not what you come here for and you will certainly be able to switch off and relax. A fantastic week in Tuscany!”
From Lucca with love
Very comfortable villa. Nice pool with great views over the plain in which Lucca sits. Well appointed kitchen and bathrooms. Claire was very helpful showing us the ropes and recommending nearby restaurants. It was very hot and the two bedrooms with aircon were much in demand! The drive to reach the property is a typical Italian twister up the narrow hill road but perfectly manageable and well worth it when you reach the property. Lucca is a lovely town that rewards multiple visits. Many thanks to Claire and the owners for a pleasant stay.”
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet