House on the Cape
The house is in Brewster, Massachusetts on Cape Cod. It has approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor living space. It is an easy walk to the beach and the brewster general store. We completely gutted the house a few years ago and recreated it as the location is really an excellent, private one.
There are 8 acres of land preserve on one side (across a little street between us) and 2 acres of preserve on another -- we have 1.5 acres of our own property.
The nearby (500 yard walk) beach is a sandy beach with nice dunes. The beach is superb for little children as the waves aren't surfer waves like at Nauset Beach (in Orleans).
One of the really cool things is that the tide goes out on Cape Cod Bay (where Brewster is) and we have the famous Brewster flats. When the tide is out, you can walk out on the sand for a great distance. people go clamming and play football and baseball on the flats, it is beautiful.
Brewster is a classic New England village. It is very quaint, quiet, and charming with little farm stands with fresh veggies and great baked products too. there are many ponds and the classic Brewster General Store, which is 100+ years old and a fixture of the town. However, good restuarants are abundant and other creature comforts like day spas, a Jack Niclaus-designed golf course and easily accessible, clay tennis courts.
We have 4 bedrooms, one master with private bath room, another guest room with a queen size bed in another private corner of the house, and then 2 rooms for other guests or children. One with two twin beds and one with 3 twins.
We also have a fully functional good size office; the house is wireless.
We have an in-home theater with drop down movie screen and great sound for movies / shows. Music throughout the house and outside on the patio and around the pool -- outdoor fireplace for making smores, enjoying some wine around the fire at night.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Barnstable Municipal Airport - HYA
Activities of Interest
- Coastal Charters Sportfishing - Coastal Charters Sportfishing actively targets areas where there is the best concentration of life, increasing your chances dramatically of having a successful trip!
- The Captain's Golf Course - A superior golf experience, with breathtaking views to boot!
- Emerald Hollow Farm - Established in 2001, Emerald Hollow Farm is owned and operated by the Sheridan Family who are dedicated to providing a safe, relaxing, and fun atmosphere for all ages to enjoy.
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History - Interactive exhibits, activities, and lectures teach visitors about the local ecology and wildlife of Cape Cod!
- SUPfari Adventures Cape Cod - Cape Cod's most popular SUP activities and rental outfitter!
Places of Interest
- Cape Cod National Seashore - Enjoy 40 miles of pristine sandy beaches, marshes, ponds, and uplands, all supporting incredibly diverse species.
- Nickerson State Park - Take a walk on the wild side, and visit the ponds and woods that look nothing like the rest of Cape Cod.
- Provincetown – Commercial Street offers a variety of dining experiences and is considered the restaurant area of the town. The farmers market is also worth a visit and is open on Saturday afternoons during the summer months.
- Wellfleet – Visit Wellfleet for some of the best and freshest seafood in the area.
- Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse – Originally built in the 18th century the current lighthouse dates from 1857. It is possible to climb the lighthouse during its opening season.
Much Nicer Than The Photos - Great Hosts!
This is a great property for larger groups. It is very spacious with several outdoor living areas. Very private and about a 10 min walk to an amazing beach. Highly recommended! Listing says 4 bedrooms - but I counted 5. ”
Everything we imagined and more.
Tillie and I wrapped up was an absolutely awesome week here in your beautiful home! The weather has been absolutely perfect! Beautiful sunshiny warm days and good cool evenings that invited a nice fire in the fireplace by the pool each evening. Grilled salmon, ribeyes, delicious cod and more while eating by the fire and of course great wines created lasting memories! Your home was everything we had imagined it to be and more. Location is excellent...just a short stroll to the beach. The yard is wonderful and, by the way, we enjoyed some of your vine ripened tomatoes on our salads. I believe we spent time in almost every area of Cape Cod. We had a wonderful day yesterday in Provincetown. What an interesting and ecclectic place to walk around and enjoy!”
We had a great time at the House on Cape! The quality of the house was perfect, and the interiors were wonderful. This house was perfect for the type of vacation we needed!”
Wonderful time in Cape Cod
A big thanks to Jim for making his wonderful house available to us and being so flexible with the dates. It's a lovely place to explore the Cape from - very close to the Brewster Flats and only a 15 minute drive to Chatham. The house itself is newly renovated in a classic New England style and was very comfortable. Thanks a lot!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo