Located on the Wild Atlantic coast on the stunning Ardfry Peninsula, this beautiful home is set on 4 acres of nature reserve.
Enjoy the beautiful green landscape and uninterrupted sea views from the comfort of our newly renovated 19th Century home - "The Boathouse".
Only 9 miles from Galway City and 3 miles from Oranmór village, The Boathouse is a unique 4 bedroom seafront residence tucked away down a hidden country road on the grounds of the ruined 18th Century Ardfry castle.
Have a swim in the Atlantic from your own private stone jetty or walk on the rocky beach to the end of the peninsula, or just sit in your sheltered courtyard and watch the rabbits playing on the lawn.
The house is an old 200 yr old coast guard station, right on the water surrounded by a walled garden. It was completely renovated with the addition of a modern extension increasing the total living space to 6000 sq feet.
We have 5 Bedrooms in total. Two super king bedrooms with large ensuites, 1 king bed room, a single bedroom with pull out bed (very spacious room) and a toddler bedroom (with toddler bed).
Specifically, on the ground floor there is a Master Suite with Super Kingsized bed, walk-in wardrobe and large floor to ceiling windows with breathtaking sea views from all windows.
A TV is hidden in a pop up locker at the bottom of the bed to maximise the sea views.
The en-suite bathroom is very spacious and features a rain forest shower and a large bath.
Outside the bedroom suite there is a hot tub overlooking the Atlantic sea, with Galway Bay Golf Club across the bay and a view of Galway city lights at night.
The property also features a fully equipped semantic modern kitchen / living area with a beautiful stove fire.
The Boathouse living room is a large open space, featuring a modern stove fire and large bay window with great sea views the shore being just 6 meters from the window.
There is also a playroom for kids entertainment which can be seen from the kitchen across the courtyard if little ones decide to spend their day there!
On the first floor there is another large Master suite with Super Kingsized bed and a walk-in wardrobe, with a large bay window to watch the sailing races. Great views over the sea.
The large en-suite bathroom features a rain forest shower and a large bath and even a TV to watch as you soak!
There is also an additional large bedroom with a single bed & pull-out single bed beneath (looks like kids play house) this bedroom also enjoys great sea views and courtyard views with paddock of horses.
The smallest bedroom has a toddler bed and sea views.
Both of these bedrooms are serviced by a large bathroom with a bath and rain forest shower.
A great spot for an unforgettable holiday!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6300 square feet
King, King, King, Twin, and Other
9 guests maximum
20 mins by car
Uninterrupted views of the Atlantic and the beautiful green landscape
Activities of Interest
- With its many lakes, sea inlets and rivers, County Galway is an angler’s paradise. Fishing here is a wonderful experience with peaceful surroundings and majestic mountain ranges.
- For the hiking lovers, this region of Ireland is fantastic. The beautiful scenery and great variety of difficulty levels make it a real gem for hikers. Connemara in particular is the place to go.
Places of Interest
- Visit nearby Galway - the unofficial cultural capital of Ireland with its lovely arts scene and the great summer appointment of the Galway Arts Festival.
- Visit the nearby Connemara region with its spectacular scenery of valleys, mountains and lakes and unparalleled hike trails across the peaks of the Twelve Bens.
- The local coast line is wrought into rocky inlets sheltering beautiful white sand beaches. The wild and fascinating Aran islands make for interesting day trips
- DVD Player
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet