Casa del Mar
Harbour Island, Bahamas
Casa Del Mar
For years the owners of Casa del Mar rented various properties around the island so when they decided to build one of their own, they knew exactly how to create a wonderful island retreat. After finding a perfect spot on a hill for maximum breezes and stunning views, they commissioned this Bahamian plantation style residence. The result is a spacious house with broad porches and airy rooms all facing the ocean.
This gorgeous home features four bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and two additional powder rooms. Casa Del Mar has a relaxed, Caribbean style with expansive view of the turquoise water, that will take your breath away.
A broad staircase, which is beautifully lit at night, leads from the driveway up to the lower floor. Three of the four bedrooms are located on the lower level. They all have an en suite bathroom and offer semi-private access to the veranda and ocean views. There are two bedrooms with queen size beds and one additional bedroom with two full size beds.
The main living area is situated on the top floor and opens on three sides to the spacious veranda, sun, breezes and panoramic view of the ocean. The large great room has Saltillo tile floors, a wooden tray ceiling and French doors all around which open onto the wraparound porch. The porch offers both covered and open sections, with several sitting and dining arrangements. This insures everyone can find their perfect place to take in the stunning views and enjoy the ocean breezes.
The kitchen is located on this level and is separated from the dining area by a convenient breakfast bar and provides state-of-the-art appliances and ample counter space. There is the added convenience of a dumbwaiter, that can be used to bring groceries up from the ground floor.
The spacious master suite is situated to the left of the great room. The master bedroom offers a king size bed, ensuite bathroom, ample closet space and direct access to the veranda and sweeping water views.
Guests can find a cool respite from the heat of the sun in the shimmering pool surrounded by brightly colored bougainvillea, verdant tropical plants, and shady palm trees. In the evening guests may choose to climb up to the crow’s nest and watch the sunset over the harbor.
The home is just steps from the beach and a short golf drive from the island’s restaurants and boutiques. Casa Del Mar is perfect for friends or family traveling together looking for privacy, stunning views and space.
Harbour Island is only 3.5 miles long and is most easily navigated by golf cart. There are several golf cart rental companies on the island.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3500 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Full
8 guests maximum
North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) ten minutes to "water taxi" dock
10 minutes by "water taxi"
Pink Sand beach and harbor views!
Mandatory service fee of $300 per reservation is required. Service fee includes daily cleaning and daily replacement of towels.
Following services can also be added at an additional charge:
Chef, bartender, laundry service, in-house massage
Activities of Interest
- Eleuthera Sailing Adventures - Enjoy a day of sailing, snorkeling, beachcombing, and relaxing on the beautiful waters around Harbour Island.
- Ocean Fox Fishing - The best that deep sea fishing has to offer in beautiful Harbour Island, Bahamas with tuna, dolphin, wahoo, mahi mahi, and marlin!
- Princess Street Gallery - Welcome to an extraordinarily broad and sophisticated collection of tropical art inspired by Harbour Island and its nearby islands of The Bahamas!
- Lil Shan's Watersports - Learn how to scuba dive, snorkel, jet-ski, and all other sorts of fun ocean adventures!
- Bonefishing - The bonefish is considered one of the world's best sport fishes, and the shallow waters off Harbour Island offer some of the best environments for matching wits with them.
Places of Interest
- Daddy D's - Come shake a leg at the newest and hottest dance club on Harbour Island!
- The Landing - With freshly caught fish and local produce, dining at The Landing is an experience to remember.
- Rock House - Rock House has been a vibrant and colorful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940s. The standard for island elegance and sophistication.
- Briland's Blue Hole - The stunning beauty of this cavern is beyond words!
- Dunmore Town - Step back in time when you visit this charming, picturesque island town.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo