Playa Colorado, Nicaragua
If you are looking to get away from it all, explore your adventurous side, and bask in the sands of beautiful beaches, Hacienda Iguana is the place to be with surfing, fishing, golf and exploring right outside your door. This villa features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and is directly on the sands of Playa Colorado. The resort offers a unique environment that you surely won't find anywhere else in Central America.
Located on the top floor of the two-story building, with a balcony that overlooks the sand and ocean, this 1,200 square foot villa offers unmarred views of the ocean. The villa is complete with a fully-equipped kitchen and light-filled living area.
The master bedroom is set up with a king bed, however, it can be converted to two twin beds upon request. The second bedroom has two twin beds, which can also be converted to a king bed upon request. The unit is also equipped with a pack-n-play and high chair for those traveling with a small child.
This area is home to two world-class surf breaks, Panga Drops and Playa Colorado. There is a private swimming pool located at the condo development, as well as a shared pool at the beach club located just down the beach. The development also offers a 9-hole golf course, several restaurants, yoga classes and a fully equipped surf shop (with surfboard rentals and dirt bike and scooter rentals).
The property management company is on site and staffed with a concierge in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. This residence also includes a housekeeper.
Hacienda Iguana’s beachfront location allows guests to enjoy world-famous surfing, golf, fishing, and breath-taking scenery. Nestled on the beach, this Playa Colorado condominium resort is 8.5 mi from Gigante Beach and 8.6 mi (from Escondido Beach. Chacocente Beach and Anthropology Museum are also within 20 mi.
Aside from great golf, you can enjoy one of Nicaragua’s most breathtaking beaches recognized internationally as one of the top surfing destinations in the country. Hacienda Iguana has two of the best surf breaks in Nicaragua, Colorado and Panga Drops. Unlike Costa Rica or El Salvador, this small area of Nicaragua has year round deep water swells and 300+ days a year of all 24 hour offshore winds blowing in from Lake Nicaragua. No matter what kind of board you ride there are at least 8-10 breaks in the area just for you.
Surfing and golf aren't the only attractions, however! Two rivers border both the north and south side of the resort where you can see abundant wildlife, including tropical birds, iguanas, sea turtles laying their eggs on the beach and howler monkeys. You can also swing by any of the great eateries like Pilis with their Spanish fusion cuisine, Casa Madera with their taste of Nicaraguan cooking, Don Eloy's Nica Bar & Restaurant for quick bites, or enjoy a homemade ice cream any time during the day.
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1200 square feet, 112 square meters
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Emerald Coast International (ECI) or Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA)
10 minutes by car from ECI; 2 hours and 20 minutes by car from MGA
Unmarred beach views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Surf Popoyo Lessons - Become a surfer with lessons from a local!
- Hacienda Iguana Golf - A challenging 9-hole golf course with gorgeous scenery.
- Parque de Aventura Las Nubes - Offers the best canopy tour in Nicaragua, rappeling, walking trails, iguanarium tour, off-road vehicle ride through a tropical forest, children's outdoor playground and more!
- Yoga - Mark & Dave’s beach front house in front of Panga Drops hosts donation based yoga classes open to the community, every Monday and Wednesday.
Places of Interest
- Playa Colorado - Hacienda Iguana's beautiful white sand beach, over one-mile long with crystal clear water, incredible sunsets, and the best surf in the world!
- Satori Spa & Wellness Center - If you need help slowing down and getting in the right mindset for your vacation or your new Nicaragua inspired lifestyle, make this your first stop.
- Christ of the Mercy - Take a hike to the top of the world and admire this renowned monument.