Samatian Island - EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE
Lake Baringo, Kenya
The small and exclusive Samatian is set on a private Island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. With its breath-taking views across the waters of the lake to the imposing backdrop of the Laikipia Escarpment, the island offers the perfect getaway for the adventurous people.
The beauty of Baringo is legendary, with its spectacular sunsets, dazzling array of bird life, and the Njemps fishermen continuing a traditional lifestyle.
Samatian Island offers guests the ultimate in relaxation & exclusivity in magical surroundings.
Accommodation comprises 5 airy, open-plan, en suite thatched rooms. 2 rooms are family units with a partitioned bedroom, verandah, sitting room and bathroom.
The infinity pool uses natural water from the lake directly across and is operated as a plunge pool, the water is topped up or changed as often as we are able. Be careful as the bottom can be quite slippery.
PLEASE NOTE the property comes fully staffed with a maid and a team of cooks and waiters looking after all your needs. Food and drinks to be paid by guests at cost.
The owner will also include one boat transfer to and from the island on arrival and departure.
Gratuities are highly recommended at 5 - 10 dollars per person per day.
Single Family Home with 1 level
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, King, King, 2x Twin, King, and King
12 guests maximum
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport - NBO
4 hours by car and 25 minutes private boat transfer
Stunning views of Lake Baringo
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Parking Fees of $4.85 per day
Boat Rides $38.76 per hour
Conservancy visit to Giraffe Island $4.85 per person
Activities of Interest
- Scenic boat trips in traditional Sesse canoes to view the prolific birdlife of Baringo (over 450 species) as well as crocodile and hippo. You can also throw fish for fish eagles, offering spectacular photographic opportunities.
- Canoe around the island. We have several paddle canoes on offer. Please take a life jacket, water, hat and suncream.
- Fishing: Take a rod and try your luck at fishing for catfish, barbell and tilapia. Dough, bacon and worms are the best bait & a basic hand line or stick rod with hook and line will do you fine
Places of Interest
- A beautiful walk around Giraffe Island. This is home to 8 endangered Rothchild’s (formally known as Baringo) giraffe, ostrich, warthogs, impalas and hyrax.
- Nature and bird walks over the top of Samatian to see the birds and extraordinary plant-life. You will be surrounded by stunning views so take a camera and binoculars.
The ultimate escape to a private island
Thank you to Caro and family for sharing this stunning private island getaway with us! We had such a wonderful stay – it could not have been better! It was so relaxing and the perfect way to truly “get away from it all”! Don't expect Wifi and TV - this is a truly special place to immerse yourself in nature, canoe, walk, fish, read a good book, and spend quality time with loved ones. We enjoyed a trip to Giraffe Island (which is a real gem – highly recommend), and we also got to feed the Fish Eagles from the boat with fish that we bought from the local fishermen. We even got to enjoy the full moon, and getting to know the resident Owl. The staff are amazing – so welcoming and professional – especially Richard (host) and Jackson (cook), but every one of them are wonderful and will make your stay very comfortable indeed! ”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)