Casa Tolhuin is located in the upscale Arelauquen Golf and Country Club in Bariloche, Argentina, amid a 500-hectare nature reserve, an 18-hole golf course, polo grounds, a five-star lodge & spa, world-class restaurants –all just 15 minutes away from one of Argentina’s best ski resorts.
Perched on the snowy flanks of Mount Otto, in the heart of Patagonia, this delightful chalet lays out before you the most breathtaking scenery, with nearby Lago Gutierrez and Cerro Catedral as a beautiful backdrop for this luxury alpine getaway, any time of year.
This 3-bedroom family holiday home offers 315 sq.metres (about 3,400 sq.feet) of living space, and is surrounded by a 2,200 sq.metre private garden (over .55 acres). As you step inside, through a cosy ski & boots room, you’ll immediately see why guests feel right at home here. At the heart of the property is a luminous and inviting open plan living and dining room, complete with a stone fireplace, a games table, and impressive floor-to-ceiling windows revealing the most glorious views. The pitched roof, exposed wood beams and wood-paneled walls enhance the quintessential log-cabin feel.
Each of the three bedrooms in the house has an en-suite bathroom and terrace/deck access. The spacious master bedroom, on the main/access level, features a king-sized bed, flat-screen TV, walk-in closet, bathroom with marble countertops, separate WC and, for a touch of indulgence, a large jetted tub to relax in, while enjoying the lovely view.
In the lower level of the house, the two other en-suite bedrooms enjoy independent access to the garden and downstairs deck. Clad in warm and welcoming fabrics, they sleep a further 4 people in a king-sized bed (guest room 1) and two singles (guest room 2).
Extra services can be agreed at additional cost, including daily housekeeping, half-board catering, on-site laundry services, and daily private car transfer to/from the ski lifts at Cerro Catedral (15 min drive). The property’s caretakers (a couple who has worked for the owner for over 15 years) live full-time in completely independent adjoining facilities.
With a temporary membership at Arelauquen Golf & Country Club, available at nominal rates, guests can access the Club’s world-class facilities.
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3400 square feet, 316 square meters
King, King, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
San Carlos de Bariloche Airport - BRC
25 mins drive
Stunning views of the Andes mountain range and Lago Gutierrez.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Ski at Cerro Catedral, Fly fishing, Polo, Rafting, Diving, horse riding, Treking, Hiking, Mountain biking, Lake activities
- Arelauquen’s 18-hole golf course, designed by Chino Vicente Fernandez, is considered one of the best in Patagonia
- The Nautical Club, located on a private beach and marina on Lago Gutierrez, offers water sports, kayaking and sailing as well as the 5-star Cassis Restaurant.
- A brisk 5-minute walk from the chalet, the Club House offers a health & fitness club, sauna & spa, an Indoor/outdoor heated pool a Kid’s Club and much more.
- From top-end skiing in July and August, to hiking, fishing, golfing, polo, watersports, or just sunbathing on the deck during the Summer months of January and February.
Places of Interest
- Cerro Catedral Ski, Outfitters Patagonia - Fly Fishing Day Trips
- Chocolate – Bariloche is famous for chocolate and there are many stores in downtown Bariloche that sell a wide variety it.
- After an active day, choose from high tea in Llao Llao Hotel, shopping at Bariloche city –Argentina’s chocolate capital– or fine dining at Arelauquen’s Talisman Restaurant
- For the more adventurous, head to El Refugio Restaurant, tucked away on the peak of Mount Otto, only accessible on horseback or by snowmobile.
Amazing place, with breathtaking views and incredible surroundings. The house is wonderfully located, perfectly equipped and very cozy. I will definetly want to go there again. ”
Great trip to Bariloche
Casa Tolhuin was everything we had hoped and then some. We enjoyed spending happy hours on the deck with the beautiful views. The Bariloche area is a great place to spend a week with endless outdoor opportunities.”