Magical Bolinas Retreat
Magical Bolinas Retreat
Step into a world of complete seclusion, far away from the bustling cities or noisy crowds. In this private estate, revel in the unspoiled beauty of Bolinas Lagoon, with panoramic views as far as the eye can see. Nestled on an acre of greenery and lagoon waters, this three bedroom home is the perfect place for vacationers looking to stay in a picturesque oasis that’s off the beaten path, and bask in the tranquility of nature.
With artisanal flair, the luxury of this home is surpassed by none. The open layout of the main living room is bathed in sunshine all day long, showing off the gorgeous, light ambiance of the home. You’ll find a mix of whites, chambray blues, dusty pinks and greys, giving the property a truly coastal California feel. The kitchen is equipped with stainless steel appliances and should be stocked with everything you need to whip up delicious meals for you and your loved ones. The main home is also outfitted with three bedrooms, including an elegant master, perfectly suited to give you some much needed rejuvenation after a long day.
Along with the main house, this property comes with two charming studios, ideal for a fun place to sleep or simply a little peace. On the back porch, there’s plenty of comfortable seating, including a hammock, ideal for a nap in the soothing breeze. This deck offers an intimate space to settle down with a glass of wine after dinner, and take in the glorious sunset over the lagoon. Don’t forget to take full advantage of the gorgeous dining area in the vintage barn. The rustic setup is topped off with romantic lights that drape across the ceiling, creating the ideal atmosphere for spending time with family and friends.
The property, although it feels like it's totally out of the way, is only a short walk to town on marked paths, and only one mile to the beach with two popular surf breaks. At Magical Bolinas Retreat, you’ll find endless possibilities for relaxation and adventure. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime property!
In keeping with the property's serenity, the house does not have a television or WiFi. (Cellular coverage is strong in the area.)
The property can accommodate additional guests with use of the two studios as sleeping spaces and using fold-out futons or air mattress. There are no bathrooms in these additional areas, but they can be great for older kids or those who like to "glamp!" Please reach out to the Member Experience team if you have any questions.
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1986 square feet
Queen, Queen, and Queen
6 guests maximum
San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Oakland International Airport (OAK)
1 hour and 20 minutes by car
Conservation land that surrounds the gorgeous Bolinas Lagoon
Activities of Interest
- Kayak or SUP the Lagoon - When the tides are right, you can enjoy the lagoon in a kayak or SUP from Stinson Beach Surf & Kayak.
- Hike the Coastal Trail - Choose your own adventure on this nearby trail system.
- Explore Point Reyes National Seashore - A short drive north reveals California's wild coast, broad vistas punctuated with happily grazing cows. Hike a trail or visit the lighthouse or just enjoy the vastness.
- Visit Point Reyes Station - A charming town at the entry of the National Seashore features local, artisanal foods (cheese is the specialty) and shops.
- Jaunt to Stinson Beach - Take the beautiful 5-mile drive to Stinson Beach, where you'll find a beach that goes on forever. Don't miss Parkside Cafe for baked goods!
- Bike the Seven Sisters (or any number of other rides) - If you're a cyclist, you'll be in heaven. The area features numerous heart-pumping road rides. Rent a bike before you arrive -- there are no shops nearby.
- Pizza at 11 Wharf Road - The newest restaurant in town, 11 Wharf serves delicious pizzas, salads and other fare (oysters!) featuring seasonal, locally grown ingredients.
- Dine at Coast Cafe - This cozy dining outpost serves up brunch, lunch, and dinner. If you happen to stop by on a Thursday, stay for great local music!
- Listen to live music at Smiley's Schooner Saloon and Hotel - Head to the oldest local saloon in California to enjoy nicely priced cocktails, live music, and great bar food.
Places of Interest
- Bolinas Beach - A great beach with plenty of nooks and crannies to explore. If you're a surfer, grab a board (and wetsuit) at 2 Mile Surf Shop nearby.
- Bolinas Lagoon - Featuring incredible bird-watching and natural, serene beauty. Consider a visit to nearby Martin Griffin Preserve.
- Bolinas Museum & Gallery - Check out local art and California coastal history at the coolest gallery in town!
- Agate Beach and Duxbury Reef - If you're looking for something a little quieter, come here and explore the many tide pools teeming with marine life.
- Gospel Flat Farm Stand - Keep an eye out for this unique farm stand. Check out the adjoining art gallery and roam the working, organic farm, if you'd like.
Look no further
If you have had a hectic period and want a breather, this is definitely the place. The home, with its large view windows and glass doors affording a panoramic view of the surrounding hills and the lagoon with its wildlife, is built on supports right over the wetlands. It has an open floor plan which leads to a large deck and is well furnished. Walks into the cute town or up around the neighborhoods or driving the short distance to the Mt Tam trails afforded us a variety of activities when we wanted to do them. In fact, there were so many options of activities we didn't get to the majority of them. The unexpected pleasant surprise of the stock of household items like laundry soap, basic cooking staples, kitchen necessities like saran wrap, and bath soaps and lotions were a welcoming touch. The only downside is no wifi but a temporary contract for Hot Spot service with my cell carrier solved that issue. Teri, the owner, was always responsive to my questions which made our stay worry-free. I hope to be able to return. ”
We just spent a week at this wonderfully relaxing and serene home in the tiny town of Bolinas, CA. It worked well for 6 of us. The owners offered their well-stocked kitchen items for our use so long as we replaced them. The house is well-furnished with quality items. The only negative is that we learned there was no internet nor TV three days before our arrival. However, we hope to go back.”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer