The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place
Stay at The Gathering Place for your next Tahoe Donner vacation! At this three bedroom, 2,250 square foot Lake Tahoe vacation home, you'll create plenty of memories to cherish. Part of the Tahoe Donner mountain community, the lodge is close to five major ski areas - Northstar, Sugar Bowl, Alpine Meadows, Boreal, and Squaw Valley, all within just a 30-minute drive. Tahoe Donner amenities are located throughout the area and include shared swimming pools, shared hot tubs, golf, tennis, bocci ball, a private beach at Donner Lake, public ski area and small tubing hill. You'll never run out of outdoor activities to do, no matter the season. Note there are daily fees to use these amenities (see additional fees section) and not all amenities are open year-round.
Back at the home, sit back on the comfy sofa, watch a DVD or satellite on the plasma flat screen HDTV. The concept kitchen by the living room allows everyone in this main space to socialize and not miss a moment.
This floor also has a large game room with a foosball table, gas fireplace, another plasma flatscreen HDTV, DVD player, and spots for everyone to sit back and relax. Read a book or play a board game. It's up to you!
On sunny days, take to the deck with BBQ and enjoy the pine tree-lined scenery!
After a day out and about, choose which bedroom you'll want to sleep in. The master suite features a king-size bed, TV with DVD, and a private master bathroom with a jetted tub. A second bedroom features a rustically elegant pine bed frame with a queen bed, and in the third bedroom, there are two sets of twin bunk beds - let the kids have a slumber party every night! This home will comfortably sleep up to eight guests, has two full baths and one half bath (2.5 bath total) and includes a washer and dryer.
This historic town of Truckee boasts shops, galleries, and restaurants - foodies will be sure to find a hidden gem for a memorable meal out. Take the short drive to Kings Beach. And just a few miles east, across the Nevada state line, you'll find casinos like Crystal Bay for more entertainment options.
Plan a stay at this gorgeous Gathering Place in Truckee for a Lake Tahoe retreat you won't soon forget!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2250 square feet
King, Queen, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
Reno–Tahoe International Airport (RNO), Sacramento International Aiport (SMF)
45 minutes by car from RNO, 2 hours by car from SMF
Beautiful wooded views!
Daily fees apply to use Tahoe Donner amenities, which may not all be open year-round. As of June 2019, fees are $15 per day per person ages 7 and older. 6 and under are free.
Fees are subject to change and there may be more than one fee charged per day for different amenities.
There are two guest cards granting guest access to all amenities for four people each, so a total of 8 people can use the amenities with both cards.
Go to www.tahoedonner.com BEFORE BOOKING THIS PROPERTY for the most up-to-date information about amenities, opening hours and fees.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Donner Lake Watersports & Marina - All of your watersport rentals needed for a day out on Lake Donner can be found here!
- Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center - Explore Tahoe Donner’s nearly 3,500 acres of open space mountain scenery is on horseback.
- Bike Tahoe - If you love cycling — whether leisure riding, mountain biking or road — then checking out the Bike Tahoe is in your absolute best interest.
Places of Interest
- Tahoe Donner - Year-round resort with downhill skiing, cross country skiing, golf, equestrian, tennis, and more!
- Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum - Visitors all agree that the exhibits on the Donner Party, Native Americans of the area, and railroad are informative and moving.
- Boreal Mountain Resort - Snowboarding ski resort, offering snow play activities for everyone, including special programs for toddlers!
- Rocking Stone Tower - This 17-ton geological anomaly was considered sacred by the Washoe people.
- Sugar Bowl Resort - Offers an extraordinary mountain resort experience with four great peaks, endless cross country trails, a world-class ski team and academy, and a magical snowbound village.
Great Place, quiet ad well appointed . Trina thank you for your hospitality. You where great. ”
Truckee 3 Bed
This was a very well designed, equipped very comfortable 3 bed cabin in the Donner Tahoe resort. Do your research before your trip to make sure this is the right location for you. It is half an hour from the North Tahoe lake. There are some nearby nice shops and cafes in old Truckee. The actual house sits in woodland, no hot tub, and a drive from any amenities. Some of the amenities we wanted to use were closed, and they all carried an (unanticipated) fee of $15 per person per day per amenity. Which for a large party would add up. Once we got over the disappointment of the distance and price of the amenities we ended up having a great stay. There are so many amazing hikes and stunning lake beaches that we found lots to do with small kids. The games room was fantastic, we enjoyed the cd collection, and the kitchen has really high quality kitchenware and more than your average rental. Overall a nice stay!”
Great location. Very nice house.
Very nice location. House has everything we needed and more. Could have been cleaned a little better before our stay however owner is taking care of that with property manager. ”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo