Northeast Harbor, Maine
Spectacular, rustic luxury is waiting for you in Northeast Harbor, Maine! Immerse yourself in this unbelievably green paradise, situated on 5500 square feet, and surrounded by impossibly beautiful forest. This five-bedroom cottage is the perfect place for you and your family to spend your next vacation!
Upon entering this home, you immediately notice the traditional, picturesque design. The cottage was built in 1990 but has been restored to all its original glory. Every design choice offers understated elegance, along with first-rate modern amenities. The combination of these two styles gives you a feeling of unsurpassed luxury while also making you feel right at home. The main living room emits a sense of comfort and coziness, with plenty of space to move about, and plenty of cozy spaces available for curling up with a good book, or for gathering with the family. In the gourmet kitchen, you’ll find the best appliances and everything you could possibly desire to create a delicious home-cooked meal. The kitchen opens up into a brightly lit dining room that comfortably sits eight, and offers stunning views of the water through sliding glass doors. If you walk through those doors, you’ll find a private deck that offers a more up-close look at the multitude of boats that fill the harbor every day.
Attached to the master bedroom, you’ll find another spacious, exclusive deck, perfect for watching the sunset over the harbor. The master also includes a gorgeous fireplace and extra seating area, if you wish to warm up by the fire in the comfort of your own bedroom. The master bath is expansive as well, allowing you room for everything you might need. Each subsequent room will make its guests feel right at home, with colorful, floral décor on top of a pristine, white base. Elegance abounds in each bedroom, with each offering even more incredible views for your pleasure.
Here in Northeast Harbor, you’ll find a vibrant, year-round community, full of locals, sailors, and summer visitors alike. Within strolling distance to the harbor as well as charming shops and restaurants, this is the ultimate vacation getaway spot!
Single Family Home with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5500 square feet
King, Queen, Full, Twin, and 2x Twin
9 guests maximum
Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport (BHB) or Bangor International Airport (BGR)
25 minutes by car (BHB), 1 hour by car (BGR)
Breathtaking views looking out over Northeast Harbor!
Activities of Interest
- Acadia Lobster Cruise (2 minutes) - Create a truly memorable vacation with this Lobster Dinner Cruise on a vintage 1967 wooden lobster boat built right here on Mount Desert Island!
- Northeast Harbor Golf Club (5 minutes) - Play a round at the one of the best courses in Maine!
- Morris Yacht Charters (10 minute walk) - Morris Bareboat Charters offer a wide range of sailing yachts well-suited for exploring Maine’s intriguing coastline!
- Christopher Smith Galleries (2 minutes) - This artist has a real talent for creating sculptures so lifelike, you and your family might mistake them for real animals!
- Bar Harbor Oceanarium & Lobster Hatchery (15 minutes) - This hands-on nature experience is perfect for families, and lets kids play games as they tour the lobster museum.
Places of Interest
- Asticou Azalea Garden (8 minute walk) - An elegant and priceless natural fantasy world filled with wonderful visual delights that will stimulate your soul!
- Colonel's Restaurant and Bakery (2 minutes) - A casual, family-owned restaurant perfect for a big family dinner!
- Acadia National Park (7 minutes) - Come be awed and inspired by the rugged beauty of this national park!
- Cranberry Isles - Nestled just 30 minutes by ferry southeast of Mount Desert Island, with superb views of the mountains of Acadia National Park, the five Cranberry Isles host visitors year round!
- Red Sky (20 minutes) - An elegant dining experience, complete with fresh seafood and produce!
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Maine. I must say , I was hesitant with businesses that had closed for the season that were online. I know I contacted the owner too many times, but she assured me several businesses were open. She was correct. We had many places to visit and enjoy delicious meals. The scenery in the area was amazing for the fall colors. The home was lovely and the owners had prepared plenty of wood for us to enjoy warm fires as we relaxed in the home and looked over the gorgeous inlet. One day an American bald eagle sat in a tree just for us to view. Milah and Steve Lynn”
This was a last minute getaway, but is an amazing property in a wonderful location. Owner was lovely to work with. We hope to return again soon!”
Fantastic House and wonderful host!
We so enjoyed our stay in the Northeast Harbor. The house is very attractive, comfortable, and convenient to the Acadia National Park. The décor is spectacular as are the views. We spent hours watching the boat activity in the harbor from the numerous decks and floor-to-ceiling windows at the house. So relaxing and refreshing!”
This home is wonderful. Incredibly tasteful combined with a warm and comfortable feel. The location and view of the harbor from several rooms and balconies was perfect. The hosts were so gracious. We enjoyed Acadia Park nearby and great dining [including on Little Cranberry Island]. A perfect place where solace & creation intersect.”
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet