London, United Kingdom
Caracoli is probably the most beautiful houseboat on the Thames.
She was lovingly built from scratch by the current owners and finished in September 2016. No expense has been spared to create a unique, beautiful and character filled home.
Lying between Putney and Wandsworth, she has beautiful views of Putney Bridge and is moored adjacent to Wandsworth Park and opposite The Hurlingham Club.
On entry, what will immediately strike you will be the generous proportions of all of the rooms. Given that you are right on the Thames, you know that you are on a houseboat, but there has been no compromise in terms of size and space.
There is 2,500 sq ft of internal living space plus around a further 1,600 sq ft of external deck area.
There are 4 good-sized bedrooms. The master has the best views looking straight down the river towards Putney and a very spacious ensuite bathroom.
There are 2 further bedrooms with double beds and a 4th that has twin beds that are suitable for young children.
The unique study is the perfect space for some quiet time or to enable you to catch up on a little work, if needs be.
On the main deck, there is an open-plan kitchen and dining room. Everything you see is bespoke and has been specially handmade for Caracoli. A 3-sided feature fireplace provides the ideal distinction between this area and the comfortable and airy sitting room.
The top deck is the ideal entertaining space. There is a living lawn on one end and plenty of seating on the other to enjoy a few drinks and a meal as the sun goes down and sunsets off the front deck are not to be missed!
There are numerous good pubs and restaurants within a few minutes' walk, some literally adjacent the pontoon.
The Thames Clipper pulls up 100 yards from the boat and offers a wonderful transport option into London.
This is a truly unique way to experience London with all the conveniences of a modern and well equipped home, coupled with the delights of living on the river.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3600 square feet, 335 square meters
King, Queen, Full, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Heathrow, Gatwick or City Airports
45 minutes from Heathrow and an hour from Gatwick and City
Putney Bridge and the River Thames on one end and the London Skyline from the roofdeck
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Escape to the great outdoors in Richmond Park with its wide open spaces, grasslands and deer herds, just a stone’s throw from central London. The park is a top UK site for ancient trees and rare species including fungi, birds, beetles and wildflowers.
- Make sure you take a stroll from the boat. Turning right takes you down to Putney and Richmond and London's more leafy suburbs. Turn left and you will be heading towards the centre of of the city
- Take the River Bus to Embankment. It leaves from the pier and is the ideal way to get into town while seeing some of London's landmarks at the same time
Places of Interest
- Central London is very accessible from here with all the shops, cafes, restaurants and theatres that the city is famous for.
- Locally head to Old York Rd for some great local restaurants. Have a pint in The Alma and then head to MeatUp, Chit Chaat Chai or any of the other eateries on that street.
Dr. and Mrs. Steve Lucey
The Caracoli surpassed our expectations! We went to London with our children for spring break last week. Our stay on the houseboat was so fun and such an unusual experience! It's not everyday we get to sleep on a boat! Paul and Kate have a beautiful home on the water. It was an easy walk to the Tube station and nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We would love to stay on the boat again some day and certainly recommend it to anyone!”