Quassy Lodge is an Adirondack Great Camp, yet only 90 miles from New York City!
The property includes a boathouse, theater room, "cigar-smoking room", cabana, infinity pool and hottub, all on 7 secluded acres. It was built in 2009 and is tastefully decorated in Adirondack style.
In the fall, mid October until mid November can be "prime season" for CT. leaf watching, and, if the temperature is cooperative, still plenty of time for using the lake.
Meanwhile, winter creates a virtual wonderland, as birds and other wildlife are easier to see, and the often frozen lake is majestic in its serenity (though use of the lake in winter is prohibited.) Meanwhile, whether sitting in front of the roaring fire, snowshoeing (provided ) on the property, or skiing or snowtubing 20 minutes away, there is plenty to do.
Finally the summer- with high-speed boating prohibited, the spring-fed lake is crystal clear, for swimming, kayaking, paddle boating rowing and or paddle boarding (all included). The infinity pool and hot tub are maintained by a full time caretaker (who lives 5 minutes away!)
Private Residence with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5000 square feet, 465 square meters
King, Queen, Full, Full, Full, Full, and Twin
10 guests maximum
Westchester County Airport - HPN
1 hour by car
Beautiful Lake Quassapaug!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Pumpkinvine Nature Trail - Wander through the lovely and serene Connecticut countryside on a leisurely hike.
- Southford Falls State Park - Hike along the gorgeous trails in this state park, surrounding sparkling waterfalls, lush greenery and rushing rivers.
- Flanders Nature Center - Spend the day observing the numerous different species of wildlife and staying active with the family.
Places of Interest
- Lake Quassapaug - Just out your front door sits this gleaming lake, ready for you to cannonball into!
- Walker Road Vineyards - A quaint, charming converted stable holds the tasting room, where you can sip on delicious and unique wines.
- Leo's Restaurant - Leo's prides itself on its delicious, homemade food. Chow down on a breakfast fit for a king!
Jefferson S.December 2012
We enjoyed our time there however the master Bdroom was not open due to repairs. However, we are looking fwd to going up and enjoying its wonderful views of the lake and all the summer activities this property has to offer !! Its a relaxing environment to sit back and get away from the rat race of life.. ”