Historic Charleston Oceanfront Cottage Compound
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Historic Oceanfront Palm Cottage Compound
Experience a rare gem on the Isle of Palms, and enjoy the luxury of one of the last remaining historic Front Beach houses left on the island. This massive compound sits on 4000 square feet so close to the beach you can hear the surf and smell the salt in the air. With five bedroom and 4.5 bathrooms, this magnificent home is waiting to become your perfect, beachside paradise!
Originally built in 1900 and oriented on a sprawling acre lot filled with lush live oaks and palm trees, this beach cottage has been expanded into a truly spectacular oceanfront compound. With two newly constructed wings that graciously expand the layout of the home, you’ll find more than enough space to entertain your family and friends. In the main original cottage, the great room boasts a lofty, gables ceiling and plentiful seating for all. The great room opens up to the elevated swimming pool, complete with a sundeck overlooking sparkling ocean views. Here, you’ll spend your days lazing by the ocean or dozing under your own personal cabana. The sundeck and cabana are framed by the property’s incredible foliage, offering exclusive privacy for you and your guests. Bask in the sun here, or stroll you’re your personal boardwalk right to the beach!
With five bedrooms spread throughout the wings of the new additions, guests can spread out and find their own private space throughout this expansive home. Each bedroom is outfitted with luxury bathrooms with spa showers, and the master bedroom even has an intimate deck of its own, ideal for those looking to unwind in private before drifting off to sleep. Each bedroom offers impeccable comfort, ensuring a wonderful stay for each member of your party.
The opportunity to have the ocean right in your backyard is right at your fingertips. Don’t miss out on a stay in paradise!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4000 square feet, 372 square meters
King, King, King, Queen, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Charleston International Airport - CHS
20 minutes by car
Oceanfront views of Isle of Palms Beach!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Pet Fee - additional $300 nonrefundable fee.
Activities of Interest
- Tidalwave Watersports (5 minutes) - One of the world's best parasailing and waterspouts companies! Whether you're an expert or a novice, you're guaranteed to have a great time!
- Barrier Island Eco Tours (6 minutes) - A great tour for the entire family, showing off the spectacular ecosystem of the area!
- Charleston Fish Finder Charters (4 minutes) - With Captain Ben as your guide, you'll learn where the best fishing spots are and have a ton of fun while you're at it!
- Wild Dunes Resort Golf (7 minutes) - Challenge yourself at this award winning golf course!
- Low Country Water Adventures (6 minutes) - Take a fun, relaxing tour of Charleston Harbor or Barrier Island.
Places of Interest
- Downtown Charleston (30 minutes) - Explore the charming, vibrant city of Charleston, and all the nightlife, shops, and delicious restaurants it has to offer!
- Sullivans Island (10 minutes) - Minutes from downtown Charleston, this island is a mix of wide beaches, watersports, and excellent shops and local restaurants.
- Kiawah Island (1 hour and 15 minutes) - Explore this naturally rich island, with incredible wooded uplands and beaches full of diverse wildlife.
- Isle of Palms Beach - With its crystal blue waters and pristine white sand, this beach has been a favorite of locals and visitors for generations.
- Coda del Pesce (5 minutes) - Enjoy their housemate pasta and Italian seafood dishes, served on a lovely patio with spectacular ocean views.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet