On the Bayou
North West Bradenton, Florida
On The Bayou
**Please note: Not suitable for children or pets.
Please note this property does not allow for large events or parties of any kind.
This Bermuda-style spacious home was recently and beautifully refurbished, including gorgeous bed linen and well-chosen furniture, a well equipped spacious kitchen with granite tops and a breakfast bar opening onto the dining area with a fabulous table and fireplace. To sit here with the shutters open looking out to the pool, garden, and the bayou is relaxation itself.
The beautifully landscaped garden has a variety of plants and trees and it is not uncommon to spot birds while enjoying the use of the pool or to spot manatee and dolphin while sitting on the dock.
The deck outside is perfect to relax and do some fishing. The lack of a TV encourages guests to engage in other fun and/or relaxing activities, such as reading a book, draw, or play games. TV on a large screen can be viewed only while connected to a laptop computer.
The house is located in the high scale residential area of Bradenton. The supermarkets (Fresh Market) and shops are a 5-minute car ride away, while the beach is about 14 minutes away by car. The beautiful Anna Maria Island beach and shops are about a 20-minute journey, while a trip to Sarasota can be taken in about 25 minutes.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, King, Queen, and Queen
5 guests maximum
Sarasota / Bradenton Airport SRQ ; Tampa International Airport - TPA
20 minutes by car ; 50 minutes by car
View out on a bayou
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Great golfing facilities especially at Sarasota, Bradenton, St. Petersburg
- BeachHorses - The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay are perfect for horseback riding on the beach. Welcome to the birthplace of "Horse Surfing!"
- Five O'Clock Charlie Boat Tours - Take a serene boat ride, showcasing the intriguing wildlife and beautiful scenery of the area.
- Deep Trouble Dive - Whether you want to dive, snorkel, or just take a booze cruise, Deep Trouble Dive has got you covered!
Places of Interest
- Anna Maria Island Beach - Absolutely one of the most beautiful beaches you'll ever see!
- Robinson Nature Preserve - This beautiful saltwater marsh park is full of hiking trails, kayaking excursions, and other marvelous ways to explore the park!
- Saint Petersburg - nicknamed the Sunshine City, this area is popular for golfing, fishing, boating and beachgoing. The Dali Museum featuring surrealist works is a must!
- Dali Museum St. Petersburg
- Chateaux 13 wine tasting , good food, bar
- De Soto national park
Lovely Spacious Home
We enjoyed the location, the neighborhood very much. The house was spacious. The bedrooms were comfortable. The owner - Rebecca - was very responsive to our inquiries and provided good advice. Bradenton Beach was a beautiful surprise! We found a great place to purchase fresh fish - Wholesale!! A. P Bell Fish Company located near to the house. We bought some fresh Grouper $7.50/lb and had an amazing fish dinner. Sarasota was a short drive away ….20 minutes....and we loved the center there. I would have awarded 5 stars if the following issues did not prove to be a significant challenge: There is no Cable TV service, For our evening entertainment, we tried connecting our computer to the TV, unfortunately for us, that did not work..the moving kept stopping, and we finally gave up. The next day, I called my husband and requested that he overnight my ROKU system immediately! In addition, Most guests are going to want some entertainment in the evening - at some point during the stay - and without our ROKU it would have been a very difficult week. The limited furniture in the living room was most uncomfortable.....beautiful to look at, but most uncomfortable to sit on....we ended up using outdoor lounge chairs to watch TV. I think if these issues are addressed, it would be a wonderful vacation for most adults. Kids would have a tough time here for a week! I would award 3.5 stars, if given that option. Please consider providing a blender! ”