Bantham, United Kingdom
Located at the mouth of the Avon Estuary, Bantham is a quiet and picturesque village within the South Hams, an Area of Outstanding National Beauty.
Recently extended to a high standard, SLOOPSIDE provides a relaxing holiday environment for up to 10 guests.
The house makes the most of its unique location, offering uninterrupted views over Bigbury Bay towards Burgh Island from all its living areas and bedrooms.
The 4 bedroom attached house is comprised of a large open plan living space, dining and lounge areas, a lovely covered outdoor dining area with commanding views, perfect al fresco dining facilities
The master bedroom with en-suite shower room and a door to the garden can be arranged as either twin or double room with super king bed.
The first floor master bedroom with en-suite has a king size bed and a door which leads to the balcony.
There is also a double room with king size bed and door to the garden and a children's bunk room where sleeps four.
The main house has a family bathroom and a wet room.
There is a wood burning stove for cosy winter evenings, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, large fridge with ice box and a wine fridge.
The garden at the rear of the house enjoys wonderful views out to sea, and is divided into two separate areas, giving the house its own generous, private garden space.
The upper garden behind the house has a spacious patio and lawn area fringed with borders of white escallonia and box hedging.
During the summer season, garden furniture including sun loungers and barbecue are provided for guests.
A dedicated parking area to the side of the house provides parking for two cards. If required, there is an additional parking space on the hard standing in front of the main house.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2100 square feet
King, King, Twin, and Bunk
10 guests maximum
1 hour by car
Uninterrupted views across Bigbury Bay to Burgh Island and its iconic Art Deco hotel from all the bedrooms and living areas.
Activities of Interest
- Just under a mile away is the larger village of Thurlestone where visitors can play golf and tennis at the local golf club; the golf course is regarded as one of the most beautiful in the South West.
- The area is popular with walkers, being on the route of the South West Coast Path which offers spectacular views of the sea, beaches and countryside along its route.
- Bantham Beach is the most popular beach on the south Devon coast for surfing and kite-surfing.
Places of Interest
- The nearest town of Kingsbridge has a lively high street with great independent shops
- Bantham is a quiet, unspolit and picturesque village within the South Hams, an Area of Outstanding National Beauty.
- Dartmoor National Park is about half an hour inland, and there are also a number of National Trust properties in Devon.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo