Chateau de Varennes
Chateau de Varennes
***Please note that THIRDHOME guests will not have exclusive access to the entire chateau, which has 20 bedrooms. A few other rooms at the property might be occupied during your stay.
The beautiful Chateau de Varennes is located in South Burgundy, close to the famous vineyards of Beaune (Pommard, Meursault, Cotes de Nuits), Dijon and Chalon. The chateau is comprised of a total of eight king-sized bedrooms with eight bathrooms and boasts 4500 square feet.
In the family for over 400 years, the current chateau was built more than two centuries ago and has kept many of its original, antique furniture. However, the bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens have been recently fully refurbished. The living room features enchanting décor, and the dining room has seating for a total of 16 guests.
Each of the eight bedrooms is outfitted with lavish king-sized beds and feature the finest of linens and bedding. Each features a soothing décor but offers a unique take on stylish luxury.
Spend hot days lounging on the finely manicured grounds by the refreshing waters of the pool. There are plenty of chairs for you to bask poolside in the sun, or rest peacefully underneath a shady umbrella.
Due to the size of the property, housekeeping service is compulsory. A chef service can also be arranged for an extra fee.
Burgundy’s wine is appreciated by a broad spectrum of people, ranging from the casual wine consumer to the sophisticated wine collector. Besides its famous wines, Burgundy has a selection of beautiful medieval churches, castles, and historical buildings, which attract more than two million tourists from all over the world each year. The cuisine of Burgundy is known for its richness, due in large part to two factors: the region's heavy red wines and its possession of one of the world's finest breeds of beef cattle, the Charolais. Chicken from Bresse (grown free range and grain fed) are very popular near Varennes.
Enjoy a week in utter finery at this spectacular chateau!
Estate with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 4500 square feet
King, King, King, King, King, King, King, and King
16 guests maximum
Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport - LYS
1 hour and 50 minutes by car
Stunning views of the French countryside!
Chef service can be arranged for an extra fee.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Horseback Riding at Ecurie Terranaise (7 minutes) - This is the best horseback riding school in the region, providing access to excellent horses and ponies.
- The Golf of Val de Sorne (50 minutes) - Located near Lons le Saunier, this is the most beautiful 18-hole course in the region.
- The Doubs River (2 hours) - This river is the green border between Switzerland and France, crossing the Jura mountains and heading into the Saone River near Varennes, perfect for hikes!
Places of Interest
- Hospice de Beaune (35 minutes) - This museum is well-known by wine lovers for its auction every year in November, and also for its 16th century old hospital. .
- Dijon (1 hour) - Enjoy a tour in Dijon, the capital of Burgundy, featuring several beautifully preserved monuments.
- Wineries - Vineyards and wineries are a must in this region. The latest edition of “Guide Hachette des Vins de France” is at your disposal in the main lobby of the Chateau.
A charming chateau
A wanderful blast in the past! Charming chateau in the Bourgogne countryside Autentic rooms and fornitures. An enormous collection of ancient books are avaible. A wonderfull kitchen including all home appliances. Good location to visit Bourgogne. Thanks for your hospitality ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo