Nuy Valley, South Africa
It’s rare to find a country retreat as unique and authentic as Penhill Manor. A scenic 90-minute drive away from Cape Town, you’ll spot its towering twin palms long before the outcrop of white-washed buildings set against endless emerald lawns comes into view. Featuring twelve bedrooms and resting on 30000 square feet, Penhill is nothing short of an oasis in the ruggedly beautiful Nuy Valley!
The gorgeous Penhill Manor oozes countryside charm and history. Built in 1840, the manor is an outstanding example of Cape Dutch architecture. Today, the fully renovated, air-conditioned Penhill Manor is a modern delight. The living spaces include comfortable sitting rooms, kitchens, and dining rooms, and thoughtful extras include excellent WiFi as well as DSTV and a sound system. Make use of these modern luxuries, but also make sure you make the most of the extensive activities available to you on the farm!
It’s easy to imagine this wonderfully historic place as it was some 300 years ago when it was first built as a refreshment station on the busy route to Stellenbosch, Swellendam, and Graaf Reinet. Guests have access to all five lodgings on the estate for a total of twelve bedrooms. The layout of the various lodgings, Penhill West Grange, Penhill East Grange, Penhill Manor House, Penhill Fruit Barn, and Penhill Pepper Tree, also allows for plenty of room to breathe, which is what sets it apart from so many other places.
Having been lovingly resorted, Penhill has quite literally gone back to its roots, although, rather than a stop for ox wagons and travelers, it’s now a private, special place to groups of up to 24 people to relax and replenish their bodies, minds, and souls. It makes for a lovely entertaining space as well, perfectly suited for hosting fabulous parties, from formal affairs to alfresco bashes that make the most of the glorious natural surroundings.
While there are dozens of lovely, picturesque spots where everyone can gather for meals, teas, sunsets, and just to be together in general, there’s also more than enough space on the 3500-acre property, with its well-tended garden, to find quiet time alone with a good book. Where better for a nap than propped up under a shady tree beside the dam?
Daily housekeeping, good security, and onsite management are included free of charge. Meals can be arranged with our great chef for a fee. Staff tips highly recommended.
Enjoy a week in rustic elegance at Penhill Manor!
Estate with 1 level
12 bedrooms, 11 baths, 30000 square feet, 2788 square meters
King, King, King, 2x Full, 2x Full, King, King, King, 2x Twin, 2x Full, 2x Full, and 2x Twin
24 guests maximum
Cape Town International Airport - CPT
1 hour and 40 minutes by car
Views of the Cape, mountains, and vineyards!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Meals prepared by a wonderful chef can be arranged for an extra fee.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Swimming - There are plenty of pools and ponds close by to splash around in!
- Horseback Riding - This horseback riding combination includes wine, olive, and beer tastings.
- Mountain Biking - The adventurers in the group can go on amazing mountain biking adventures!
- Hiking - Nearby hiking trails will take you through gorgeous scenery.
Places of Interest
- Wineries - Explore your way through the multitude of extraordinary wineries in the area!
- Stellenbosch (1 hour and 30 minutes) - This university town offers the chance to peruse through charming boutiques, cafes, and art galleries.
- Conradie Family Cellars (6 minutes) - Have a private wine tasting at this amazing winery for no extra cost, or have them come to you and for an extra cost (groups only).
- Franschhoek (1 hour and 10 minutes) - Featuring centuries old wineries and gorgeous nature trails and wildlife, this lovely city is great for a day trip!
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo