Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
***If you don't see a week avaialble that you may be interested at this property please reach out to Member Services at THIRDHOME. Owners are flexible in terms of accepting requests.***
Nestled in its own six acre naturally landscaped haven of grand fruit trees and unique tropical foliage, this Costa Rican home is something dreams are made of. Views of Lake Arenal are visible from every room in this stunning three floor, four bedroom, three and a half bath, 4100 square foot custom villa. Deep earthen color tones and beautifully eclectic paintings and décor bring the vibes of the rain-forest from outside, in.
On the first floor, an open concept integrates the living room, dining room and fully equipped chef’s kitchen. The kitchen hosts two floating islands and ample space to move around and cook. Across the way is a beautiful wooden dining table, set for six next to a gigantic bay window offering one of the many miraculous views of the Lake and landscape. The living room opens up to an expansive view on the ground level terrace, inclusive of outdoor lounge seating. There is also a large guest bedroom, with a king size bed and twin bed, located on the first floor, inclusive of its own bathroom with His and Her sinks. In the property details you will see that this is listed as a Queen + Twin bedroom. Please know that this is, in fact, a King + Twin bedroom.
On the second story you will find the master suite, guest bedroom, and study area. The study area offers a desk and extra lounge seating including a couch, wood-burning fireplace and flat screen TV. This space opens up to a vast cobblestone terrace featuring outdoor kitchenette, lounge seating and outdoor exercise equipment. The guest bedroom hosts a queen and a twin bed, large closest space, and intricate jungle décor matching the types of wildlife you experience every day of your stay. The master suite is a striking King bed surrounded by practically glass walls with an unbelievable view. If you’re lucky enough to snag this room be sure to take a dip in the picturesque Jacuzzi tub placed impeccably beneath a window with the most perfect lake view.
The third story features a quaint guest bed and delightful exercise suite. Great for light “do it yourself” exercise, meditation or yoga, this space includes a wall mirror, medicine ball, yoga mats, and stereo equipment. Imagine waking up every morning in your own private studio with the breeze blowing through the open windows as you get your mind and body right with a quick AM workout or long yoga stretch.
The great part about being right on the lake is that daily activities are literally at your beck and call. Lake Arenal is approximately 25 miles long by four miles wide providing much to do such as kayaking (kayaks found on property), fishing, wakeboarding, and sightseeing tours available from private parties. These tours can be accessed directly from the lakefront. Costa Rica, especially Guanacaste area is popularly known for its bird watching paradise. Over 300 species of birds habituate at one time or another in the lake area and the home owners noted documenting over 114 species on the Villa Paz property alone!
Finally, a special sunset deck exists for the pleasure of the homeowners and their guests to have an unforgettable experience to end every night. Costa Rica is recognized as one of the world’s most exciting and breathtaking places to visit. This property and all it has to offer proves that point perfectly.
Please visit our link for a Virtual Tour of Villa Paz: http://www.vpix.net/index.php?tour=104996.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4100 square feet
King, Queen + Twin, Queen + Twin, and Twin
9 guests maximum
Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport (LIR)
1 hour and 45 minutes by car
Stunning lake views.
Activities of Interest
- Whitewater Rafting on the Rio Tenorio - One of the best whitewater rafting rivers with class 3,4 and 5 rapids. Meetup location can be found at the Rincon Corobici Restaurant near Canas, about an hour from Nuevo Arenal.
- Safari Float on the Rio Corobici - Float down the river on a whitewater raft boat as your designated tour guide points out wildlife and other Rain forest anomalies. Tour begins at Rincon Corobici Restaurant.
- Day of Adventure at La Fortuna - Spend all day in Costa Rica's adventure capital, La Fortuna, zip-lining, whitewater rafting, canyoneering, ATV riding, tubing, exploring La Fortuna waterfalls and so much more.
- Horseback riding - El Establo provides riding lessons and tours just outside of town.
- Birdwatching - Nuevo Arenal is one of the world's best places to bird watch. Depending on luck, weather and season, you have the chance of observing over 300 types of birds.
Places of Interest
- Nuevo Arenal Lake Park - Swim, fish, picnic, hike, or take in the scenery of this well-maintained park.
- Arenal Volcano and the Hot Springs - Best and most well-known hot springs are Baldi, Ecotermales and Tabacon located in the La Fortuna region.
- Rio Celeste Waterfalls - Gorgeous turquoise blue Rio Celeste Waterfalls are located in nearby Tenorio National Park where you can also find hiking, wildlife and bird watch observation.
- Venado Caves - Spend a couple hours touring through memorizing limestone caverns where you'll see cavern critters, stalactites and stalagmites!
- Arenal Hanging Bridges - Located 20 minutes from downtown La Fortuna, right in front of the Arenal Volcano. This bridge extends 3.1 kilometers long across 14 bridges mixed stationary and suspension with varying levels of up to 60 meters high.
- Tabacon Hot Springs - World famous. An entire river of hot water and pools gushing from the base of Arenal Volcano
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- Multiple TVs
- Wireless Internet