Chalk Mountain Ranch - Large Ranch Property close to Rough Creek Lodge Resort and Spa
Chalk Mountain Ranch
Tucked away just 90 minutes southeast of Dallas is a beautiful, authentic Texas ranch sitting on 7000 square feet of spectacular Texan countryside! Boasting eight bedrooms and numerous private acres for your and your loved ones to enjoy, this property makes the perfect getaway home for large groups looking to enjoy life in the slow lane and the laid back, country way of life!
The rusticity of this stately ranch brings you back to a simpler, Old West way of life. With it’s polished wood paneled walls, and weathered, cozy leather furnishings, the Chalk Mountain Ranch offers tranquility and familiarity as soon as you step inside. The eclectic mix of western relics and cowboy décor makes for an entertaining combination that you’ll adore. In the great room, a lovely stone fireplaces serves as the focal point of the room, along with the massive flat screen television. Enjoy the warmth of the fire as you enjoy a late night movie, or cuddle up on one of the lavish couches with a good book! Just off this main room, you’ll find the fully equipped kitchen, fully stocked with everything you need to create a delicious, gourmet meal. Dark, shiny hardwood finishes characterize every surface in this space, and offset the pristinely clean steel grey of the appliances beautifully. After you’re finished creating your masterpiece, sit down to dinner together at a massive dining table with seating enough for ten.
When you have a large family, one of the biggest problems with going on vacation is finding a home big enough that your entire family can go. With this luxury ranch, have no fear! With eight well-appointed bedrooms, this extraordinary property can house up to 18 people. Out of the eight bedrooms, you’ll find king-sized beds, one queen, one full, and six twin sixed beds. During your stay, each and every one of your guests will have more than enough space to spend some intimate, quiet time by themselves, which will make it that much more gratifying when you come together as a group to enjoy your unique, ranch-style vacation!
When you walk outside, you’ll be struck by the sweeping vistas of the unparalleled Texas countryside. These views include a sparkling blue lake, with your own private dock. Toss out a line here for an uninterrupted day of fishing, away from the crowds of fishing charters and the like. Other luxury amenities include a swimming pool where you can take a refreshing dip, and a blissful and relaxing hot tub, where you can survey your superb domain as you sip on a cool glass of wine. As the sun goes down, and the night gets a little cooler, spend quality time together at your outside fire pit, roasting marshmallows, or simply enjoying each other’s company.
During your stay at Chalk Mountain Ranch you’ll find yourself close to Rough Creek Lodge and Resort, a casually elegant retreat nestled on 11,000 acres where you can continue living the life of a cowboy. Rough creek offers incredibly fine dining, exceptional service, and a luxurious ranch-style venue for couples and families looking for a truly unique experience. Rough Creek offers fun-filled days for all ages, with horseback riding, hiking, zip lining, and numerous other activities to choose from. The days will be followed by laidback and elegant evenings that allow adults to bask in some much-needed luxury while the kids engage in kid-friendly activities. Rough Creek Lodge also serves as one of the premier hunting lodges in the country. While hunting or fishing here, you can expect personal attention, experienced hunting dogs, and top-notch professional Texas guides. Deer, turkey, quail, chukar and pheasant abound on this property, as well as more exotic game such as Axis Deer, Blackbuck Antelope, Fallow Deer, Corsican Rams, and Black Hawaiian Rams. If you’re not in the mood for hunting, take a dip in the pool, or pamper yourself with a trip to the Rough Creek Spa. The possibilities are endless!
Your Wild West fantasy is waiting at Chalk Mountain Ranch!
Private Residence with 1 level
8 bedrooms, 5 baths, 7000 square feet, 651 square meters
King, King, King, King, Full, 2x Full, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
18 guests maximum
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - DFW
90 minutes by car
Lake and countryside views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- BSR Cable Park - Visit this state of the art sports facility where riders and skiers are whisked around this twelve acre lake by one of two incredible cable systems!
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center -Drive the 9.5 mile scenic wildlife park road at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Make sure to visit the petting pasture and the nature trails!
- Rough Creek Lodge Horseback Riding - Experience the breathtaking views of the wide open range by horseback.
- Squaw Valley Golf Course - Home to 36 holes of championship golf, Squaw Valley is consistently ranked as one of the top courses in the state of Texas.
- Guided Fishing at Rough Creek Lodge - Enjoy a guided Bass Fishing excursion on Mallard Lake or one of the other lakes on the property!
Places of Interest
- Cowboy Walk of Fame - View the Cowboy Walk of Fame in downtown Stephenville recognizing the significance of the Western heritage that is an integral part of this area.
- City Limits Honky Tonk - Cowboy up at the City Limits, a true Texas honky tonk with live music and dancing!
- Glen Rose Square - Visit the historical Glen Rose Square with a variety of eateries, art galleries, and antique shops.
- The Wiseman House - The Wiseman house in Hico makes chocolates the old-fashioned way—by hand. Chocoholics can taste the difference and casual connoisseurs enjoy the unique flavors of the gourmet candy!
- Rough Creek Lodge and Resort - Enjoy fine fining, hunting ranges, and other forms of luxury at Rough Creek Lodge. You'll have full access during your stay!
We had a spectacular Christmas stay at this ranch! The ranch hand, WC, was very friendly and helpful, He took us on a hayride around the property which included feeding the zebras, llamas, deer, donkeys, horses, and other animals. The Grandkids loved it!! He brought us lots of wood for the large, wonderful fire place, and was available for whatever we needed. We visited the rough creek lodge which had a great place for children, including pony rides, The House was very family friendly. We cooked almost every meal there. The kitchen was well supplied. Jeff Kaye was Very helpful, too. Thank you, thank you! Rick and Vikki DeSoto ”