Executive Apartment at Rydges Horizons in Jindabyne
The Snowy Mountains are well known for being home to Australia’s best snow sports, it is also outside this peak season that the mountains shake off the snow to expose their real beauty. Spectacular peaks, clear mountain streams and the clean, crisp high country air provides a beautiful back drop to your holiday. Jindabyne and the surrounding region is a thriving and exciting destination all year round.
Jindabyne is one of Australia’s gems, it was a village which was initially the home for those living in the High Country. It was the set for the movie “The Man from Snowy River”. It is truly part of Australia’s history.
Enjoy trout fishing, water sports, mountain bike riding with proper trails and chair lift access or go horse riding at any of the four riding schools and clubs. In the winter there is of course the skiing or boarding and there is nothing quite the same as going slightly off-piste and winding through the gum trees. Everywhere you go you will experience our wild-life including seeing kangaroos, emus, wombats and possums in their natural habitat.
All of this whilst you come back and rest in the comforts of your 2 bedroom Rydges Resort executive apartment within walking distance of everything.
A day off from all the activity is deserved so why not hang around the resort and play tennis, swim in the indoor pool or sit in the beer garden and try the local brew.
The luxury apartment features a spa bath for two off the main bedroom which takes the entire top floor and has its own balcony which looks out onto the lake and the surrounding mountains.
You can of course just choose to relax in the apartment and cook in the fully equipped kitchen or barbeque on the balcony whilst taking in the scenery.
Jindabyne is only 2 hours from Canberra and for those travelling in the warmer months can be a reprieve from the heat as even during summer, it rarely gets above 30 degrees celcius and cools down to about 15 degrees during the evening.
Put Jindabyne on your “must experience” list when you are visiting Australia.
Condo with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
2 hours by car
Uninterrupted views of Lake Jindabyne and The Snowy Mountains range from 2 balconies.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Snowy Mountains offers great trails whether you’re a beginner or for the experts or somewhere in the middle. Create fun-filled memories with activities like skiing, snowboarding, toboggan, and building your own snowmen.
- Great trails for mountain biking. If you are a hardcore expert, take the Kosciuszko Express chairlift to the top and ride the Cannonball Downhill trail, or for the beginners there are easy valley trails like the Pipeline Trail or Thredbo Valley track.
- The Long Plain Drive is a very unique Australian drive. The plains stretch for miles and along the way you can see mobs of wild brumbies, many with foals, and it feels like you’re driving through the American prairies.
- Take the opportunity to have some real Aussie Tucker at Nuggett’s Crossing or enjoy the Jindy Pub and mixing with the locals.
- Bring your walking boots and venture to the top of Mt Kosciuszko, Australia’s highest mountain. No need to bring a sherpa or oxygen as the round trip only takes about 4 hours.
Places of Interest
- Take a day to explore Jindabyne, which is a stunningly gorgeous town by the lake, especially on the bike trail which offers beautiful views as you head north on the Kosciuszko Rd.
- Kosciuszko is a majestic national park covering almost 700,000 hectares. It is Australia's largest national park and most extensive alpine region
- The Yarrangobilly Caves - five limestone caves that are 440 million years old. During the warmer months, take your pick of kayaking, mountain biking, camping, bushwalking, fishing, rafting, caving, horseriding.
- Dining at the Resort Restaurant Embers is a good start and then later in the week venture to the restaurants and food outlets run by the locals.
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Handicap Accessible
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet