Guemes Island Getaway
Guemes Island Getaway
Nested on over three acres of high bank waterfront, this magnificent 3100 square foot, four bedroom paradise has everything you need for the quintessential Guemes Island experience. Perched 150 feet above a privately shared cove, spend hours on your panoramic decks taking in the stunning mix of evergreens, eagles and water views.
With an open concept living room, dining room, and kitchen, this home facilitates entertaining with ease. Pristine, white walls and vaulted ceilings create spacious and lavish living spaces. The upstairs living room and downstairs family room are perfect for lounging with your guests, both brimming with plush sofas and sleek, modern furniture to offset the beautifully rugged terrain around you.
The dining room and kitchen continue the contemporary and modern concept of the home. With everything you could ever need to whip up a delicious meal, any master chef would be impressed by the incredible amenities in the kitchen, including a gas cooktop, and brand new stainless steel KitchenAid wall convection oven.
Each of the four bedrooms features sliding glass doors that open up directly to gorgeous decks offering expansive views of the area. There are two master suites on the main floor, each with a plush, king-sized bed. Downstairs find two bedrooms: one with a king-sized bed and one with a queen. Beds are outfitted with soft down comforters and fine cotton bedding to ensure you have a peaceful night’s sleep. One master suite features a jetted soaking tub, perfect for winding down after a long day in the great outdoors. Downstairs, find a spa-like bathroom with cedar sauna where you can pamper yourself endlessly.
If you’re looking for things to keep you entertained around the house, you won’t have to look far! Downstairs, you’ll find a flat screen television with plush seating, perfect for a casual movie night on a rainy day. For some outdoor fun, as the sun goes down head out to the upper deck to fire up the gas barbecue for a casual cookout as you take in stunning views of Long Bay Cove, Padilla Bay, and plenty of other local islands.
There is a sports court available for your use on the property, with a tennis net and a basketball hoop. A private, winding trail leads from the house through a lush evergreen forest to Long Bay Cove, a platform deck, and beach. Be sure to spend some time lounging by the water, searching overhead for the resident bald eagles that soar across the sky. A fire pit is available for your use in the winter and spring, sure to keep you warm when the nights get a bit colder.
With dramatic cliffs, dense evergreen forests, and stunningly rugged beaches, Guemes Island is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, featuring multitudes of amazing trails and stunning nature to uncover. Take the ferry to Anacortes and peruse through a thriving main drag, filled with murals, beach parks, and incredible seafood restaurants. Don’t leave without trying mouthwatering crab cakes and oysters!
***Please note that the property is limited to eight registered guests and three vehicles at any time. We do not allow weddings, graduation parties, or events of any kind at this property.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3100 square feet
King, King, King, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Bellingham International Airport (BLI), Seattle-Tacoma International Airpot (SEA), then Guemes Island Ferry
1 hour and 25 minutes by car and ferry (BLI), 2.5 hours by car and ferry (SEA)
Views of Long Bay Cove, Padilla Bay, the Cascades, Mount Baker, and local islands!
Activities of Interest
- Bird Watching - The island offers plenty of interesting species of birds. See if you can spot them all!
- Anacortes Kayak Tours (40 minute drive/ferry) - There's no better way to explore the San Juan Islands than on a leisurely kayak ride.
- Highliner Charters (40 minute drive/ferry) - Cast a line out for Salmon, Halibut, Bottom Fish, and more!
- Buck Bay Shellfish Farm (2.5 hour drive/ferry) - Located on Orcas Island, pick yourself out some sweet and delicious Buck Bay oysters and clams.
Places of Interest
- Guemes Mountain (4 minute drive) - The trail up to Guemes Mountain leads to striking, panoramic views points of the entire area.
- Cranberry Lake (40 minute drive/ferry) - This peaceful lake is perfect for a refreshing swim and day trip.
- Cap Sante Park (35 minute drive/ferry) - This park features absolutely stunning views of the San Juan islands.
- Mt. Erie Park (45 minute drive/ferry) - This park marks the high point of the Fidalgo Islands and features a plethora of scenic walking trails.
- Brown Lantern (35 minute drive/ferry) - Enjoy dinner at this laid-back tavern, offering a retro vibe with an extensive beer list and delicious pub grub.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet