Olympic Valley, California
Barrel House - Squaw Valley - Lake Tahoe
The Barrel House will serve as your extravagant getaway during your week in breathtaking and exhilarating ski country. This four-bedroom, 3300 square foot spacious townhome offers access to all the splendor that Olympic Valley has to offer. Whether you ski, golf, hike, or simply enjoy the finer things in life, this spectacular home gives you a way to do what you love!
This property earns its name from the reclaimed, old growth Redwood barrel staves that accent this new home throughout. This themed décor lends a sort of rusticity to the home, while also boasting high-end furnishings and finishes. Combined with the unique and exotic trophies and art pieces that decorate the walls, these elements create the perfect ski hideaway. The living room offers lofty, vaulted ceilings, polished wood floors, and a soaring, stone, wood-burning fireplace that serves as the focal point of the room. You’ll delight in snuggling close to that fire when the nights get cooler, and enjoying a casual family night with your family as you sip on steaming hot cocoa. An expansive window covers the entirety of the wall of this space, facing the spectacular, wooded countryside in your backyard. As you move further into the open layout of the home, you’ll come to the sleek, elegant dining room table, with seating enough for eight. Extra seating can be found at the breakfast bar, facing the gourmet kitchen. With stainless steel, Viking Range appliances, double ovens, and pristine granite countertops, the kitchen is any chef’s dream!
Head over to the splendid master bedroom for even more rustic elegance. Here you’ll find a massive king-sized bed in a spacious room, boasting yet another massive stone fireplace in the corner. The master bath offers an oversized Jacuzzi tub and steam shower for your complete and utter relaxation. The other bedrooms offer a king-sized bed, a queen, and two queens respectively. Each bed is downy soft, and outfitted with impossibly exquisite linens that will lull you to sleep each night.
At the Barrel House, there are more than enough opportunities for entertainment. The family room has a massive flat screen television, along with an Apple TV and Wii for ultimate fun! The kids will enjoy having their own private space to play while the adults relax in the hot tub out on the deck. If you’re in the mood for a laidback meal, take advantage of the outdoor grill and dining space, and watch the sun slowly sink over the lush forest that surrounds you. If you care to venture away from your mountain paradise, you’ll find opportunities for adventure and luxury just around the bend! Hike through Eagle Fall Trails and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Sierra high country, check out the slopes at Squaw Valley Resort, or head into Tahoe City for a delicious and hearty meal at Christy Hill Restaurant.
Come experience everything that makes the Barrel House the ideal retreat for a thrilling Squaw Valley vacation!
Townhome with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3300 square feet
King, King, Queen, and 2x Queen
10 guests maximum
Sacramento International Airport (SMF), Reno–Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
1.5 hours by car (SMF), 1 hour by car (RNO)
Views of Squaw Valley Mountain and the surrounding areas!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Squaw Valley Ski Area - Explore the vibrant ski culture of this world famous resort! Beginners will find forgiving learning zones and experts thrilling terrain, all set against the backdrop of dramatic alpine scenery.
- Matt Heron Fly Fishing - This all-inclusive fly fishing school is one of the best in the nation, offering classes in private, stocked ponds, and trips out on the Truckee River.
- Alpenglow Expeditions - With AMGA certified guides, Alpenglow brings their acclaimed experience in international mountain guiding to all adventures, whether you're skiing, rock climbing, or hiking!
- The Links at Squaw Creek - Designed in a links-style along the scenic mountain terrain, this Robert Trent Jones Jr. resort golf course is located at the base of the dramatic Squaw Valley.
- Squaw Valley Aerial Tram - Take a panoramic, ten minute ride that climbs 2000 feet and soars over a mountainscape of granite rock, waterfalls, and the iconic Tram Face.
Places of Interest
- Granite Chief - Hike up the magnificent Granite Chief for sensational views of Squaw Valley.
- Eagle Falls Trail - Hike through this moderate trail for far reaching views of Lake Tahoe and the sweeping Sierra high country.
- Alpine Meadows Resort - Tucked between Truckee and Tahoe City, Alpine Meadows Resort is a picturesque playground for families and off-the-radar thrill seekers alike!
- Christy Hill Restaurant - This elegant bistro offers panoramic views from every table, and delicious French-inspried California cuisine.
- Six Peaks Grille - Six Peaks Grille offers fresh and innovative food prepared with distinctive regional ingredients. Enjoy a delicious cocktail after dinner while gazing out over the spectacular Squaw Valley.
Squaw Valley Gem
This beautiful property had an amazing location in the heart of Squaw Valley. There is a great little village down the road with shopping, dinning, and entertainment. The scenic tram ride will take you 2,000 feet up the mountain to high camp where you can swim, roller skate, or hike with sweeping vistas of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Mountains. The home itself is stunning. It felt quaint, but had all of the luxuries of a modern home. We especially loved the master bath with the jacuzzi tub and the multi-head steam shower! If you have the chance to stay here, take it. You won’t be disappointed. ”
After making up a mostly closed highway 80 we woke up to 100 inches of fresh untouched snow. The house was in a great location w lift access down the road at the resort hotel. No fighting the traffic to get to Squaw from this place”
Great house - well equipped kitchen and comfortable tv areas. Everything was exquisite. Love the Tahoe area...so so beautiful.”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo